Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
f*** me

Whats your problem with Freeman?

Top High School recruit, big body, huge arm

I think its a smart move, especially for a team that has absolutely nothing on their roster unless you think Leftwich is gonna be reborn

There are 2 fan bases I really feel bad for in this draft: Oakland and Denver. At least Denver could have somewhat expected that loser Al Davis to do something like overdraft Hayward-Bey.

But, Denver taking a RB with the 12th pick was ridiculous. I just don't see Moreno as a franchise RB. Solid/Good = yes. They really should have gone defense with both picks. If I were in charge, it would have been Orakpo or Ayers and Maualuga.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
The problem is as Young said on the air, his talent didn't translate to the field.

Yeah at Kansas State where he had nothing around him

Guy has all the tools you want in a QB, its up to Tampa to develop him now.. I liked it

A 6th round pick isn't a ton to give up. I assume Denver was going to take Freeman or at least thought they were. A 6th rounder isn't a lot for Cleveland but its something and isn't bad as long as the guy they target doesn't go off the board in the next 2 picks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
What did the Browns get here?

A 6th rounder this year.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)

Guy has all the tools you want in a QB, its up to Tampa to develop him now.. I liked it

I understand he has the tools, but I wouldn't bet a 1st round pick on developing him. He did have Jordy Nelson a year ago and the production was still mediocre.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
Whats your problem with Freeman?

Top High School recruit, big body, huge arm

I think its a smart move, especially for a team that has absolutely nothing on their roster unless you think Leftwich is gonna be reborn

1. Freeman put up weak numbers in a bad defensive league.

2. He completed less than 50% of his passes in 4 games last year. Not consistent at all.

3. Being a big body and having a huge arm means nothing if you dont have the head for the game.

4. The Bucs have a lot of holes on defense. I'd rather the Bucs addressed those issues. With either Leftwich or McCown passing, the Bucs have enough weapons with Winslow, Antonio Byrant, Ward and the other RBs to be competitive next season if the defense could get better.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)

I dont like it but with Jeff Jagodzinski as OC maybe he thinks he can develop this guy. I'll give Jag the benefit of the doubt because he's worked with some good QBs in his career.

I wish I had tv for this draft. Hopefully I'll have DirectTV soon enough. Browns move down again. I assume they are going to have quite a few more cuts. Whose Philly take? I'm surprised Maclin is falling this far, the guy is a f***in stud.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
1. Freeman put up weak numbers in a bad defensive league.

2. He completed less than 50% of his passes in 4 games last year. Not consistent at all.

3. Being a big body and having a huge arm means nothing if you dont have the head for the game.

4. The Bucs have a lot of holes on defense. I'd rather the Bucs addressed those issues. With either Leftwich or McCown passing, the Bucs have enough weapons with Winslow, Antonio Byrant, Ward and the other RBs to be competitive next season if the defense could get better.

1. Wrong. Numbers weren't weak at all. 2900 yards 20 TD 8 INT, 404 rushing yards 14 TDs. He accounted for almost 3500 yards and 34 TDs on a pretty bad team.

2. What about the 4 games he had over 70? Career comp% in the high 50's so I don't see what your issue is there.

3. You dont know he doesnt have the head for the game, thats yet to be seen.

4. They have a LOT of holes, so what does it matter.

I think Maclin will be the best receiver in this draft. Fast, scored high on the wunderlich, elusive... I'm pissed he went to the E-Gals.

Why did they have to trade up for this pick? Would the lions really have taken him at 20? yeesh that would have been ugly.