Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
I think Maclin will be the best receiver in this draft. Fast, scored high on the wunderlich, elusive... I'm pissed he went to the E-Gals.

Why did they have to trade up for this pick? Would the lions really have taken him at 20? yeesh that would have been ugly.

Not necessarily the Lions, someone else could have tried to jump as well so when your guy is in your grasp you make the move.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns have a ton of ammo to move up in the 4th and 5th rounds which could be really beneficialy, imo. I agree with you Murcie, however, I also think Nicks might be the best player in the draft. He plays so physical and I would love for the Bears to have a guy like him.

I'm assuming Eagles moved up because they were concerned other teams were calling to move up to nab Maclin. I figured they would take Wells, but I'm now going to assume the Lions take Oher right here. I assume they don't go Wells, unless they aren't sold on Smith.

So would the Bears have taken Maclin if they hadn't gotten Cutler? I say "yes." EDIT: Not implying in the slightest that I'd rather have Maclin. Just brought it up 'cause I was interested to see who'd still be around if Angelo hadn't pulled off a miracle and gotten Jay.

If the Lions are smart, they're take Oher to protect Stafford's blindside.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
What about your Falcons.

I didn't say the Eagles gonna be my favorite team, I just said I'd be a fan. Besides, I was a Vick fan because he was the most exciting player in the league. I'm a Bears fan despite them being the Bears.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
I hope there are better WR's left than that.

What does this mean?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
So would the Bears have taken Maclin if they hadn't gotten Cutler? I say "yes."

Absolutely they would have. Although I think they might have considered moving up a pick to nab Freeman.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)

Well, I guess that's why the Lions are the Lions. Pettigrew is a good player, but not a good selection for them. They have other, more important needs. Fine with me, though, since I'm a Bears fan.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Well, I guess that's why the Lions are the Lions. Pettigrew is a good player, but not a good selection for them. They have other, more important needs. Fine with me, though, since I'm a Bears fan.

They pick 33rd, and some of the OT's are falling.

And they took a tackle in round 1 last year, the draft isnt over and I think Detroit has done very well so far.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
Dont forget they have the 33rd pick.. looks like some of those OT are slipping maybe they want one there

I agree. Theya re getting a weapon for Stafford to go with there stud WR and they have Cherilus and with olineman sliding they shoudl have a great tackle still on the board with there 2nd rounder.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
Reports on the score indicate that the Bears want Derrick Williams @ 49.

That would be terrible. That's about the 1 WR I don't want with our 2nd round pick. I'd rather just wait and grab Ogletree, for example, in the 3rd. Futhermore, if they want a small WR, take Mike Wallace.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
1. Wrong. Numbers weren't weak at all. 2900 yards 20 TD 8 INT, 404 rushing yards 14 TDs. He accounted for almost 3500 yards and 34 TDs on a pretty bad team.

2. What about the 4 games he had over 70? Career comp% in the high 50's so I don't see what your issue is there.

3. You dont know he doesnt have the head for the game, thats yet to be seen.

4. They have a LOT of holes, so what does it matter.

1. Who cares about rushing yards. He isnt going to be Vick out there running around in the NFL. Arent good QBs suppose to make the WR's better? According to most on here, Cutler is going to make the Bears WR corp better because he is a talented QB.

2. You mean the 4 games against North Texas, Montana State, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Texas A&M?? That is something to brag about.

3. Fine but he makes questionable decisions at the college game. What kind of decisions will he make in the pros?

4. Holes on defense. The Bucs lost their last 4 games because of the defense last year, not the offense. The Bucs are an 8 win team at best next year, fix the defense and try to find a QB in free agency next season or draft one next year. This year's QB class is weak.

5. Plus just look at the history of drafting a JR QB in the 1st round. Not a good track record.

Thanks for taking Pettigrew, jacka**es. You just gave a QB $41 million guaranteed- you might want to protect him.

Denver goes with Moreno, who is overrated IMO, and then goes with Ayers, who isn't even a 3-4 DE or OLB at 6'4 275. They should have went with Orakpo to play OLB and then Wells at 18. Figure it out, McDumbs**t.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
That would be terrible. That's about the 1 WR I don't want with our 2nd round pick. I'd rather just wait and grab Ogletree, for example, in the 3rd. Futhermore, if they want a small WR, take Mike Wallace.

lol Mike Wallace...

Maybe he can also report Bears news throughout the year.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
They pick 33rd, and some of the OT's are falling.

And they took a tackle in round 1 last year, the draft isnt over and I think Detroit has done very well so far.

I know, and if they took a LT in the 1st this year, they'd have their bookend tackle spots solidified for the next 10 years. I still think they need a ton of work on the defense, so after getting Oher, I would have targeted a LB with #33.