Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
He'd want Hester or Olsen and a 2nd or 3rd rounder probably.

I'd ship him Hester in a heart beat. Hester is a kick returner who thinks he is a WR

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
I'd ship him Hester in a heart beat. Hester is a kick returner who thinks he is a WR

Devin Hester is a stud WR in the making. He's ahead of Steve Smith in receptions and TD's at this point in his career, and only about 100 yards behind him.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
Devin Hester is a stud WR in the making. He's ahead of Steve Smith in receptions and TD's at this point in his career, and only about 100 yards behind him.

Marshall is already a stud.

Plaxico doesn't cost us draft picks and has never thrown his QB's under the bus. (Marshall hasn't). He also isn't near the thug that Marshall is. We can't afford to give up more high draft picks, therefor, just go out and spend the cheese on Plax.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
I can only hope that if I ever kill someone while DUI I get off with 30 days in prison.

Well, become a multi-million dollar athlete and it too can happen to you.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
I read somewhere that the cops are over at his house once a month to resolve random domestic disputes.

Yessir. They did an Outside The Lines about Brandon Marshall & something like this was discussed. I'm sure this makes me sound like a jackass, but after awhile I didn't feel bad for his girlfriend. If he keeps abusing you & you keep going back...what do you expect to happen?

I like how Vick and Burress are treated more like pariahs than Ray Lewis or Stallworth.

I mean it's crazy. One man gets locked up for years cause of f-ing dogs fighting.. dogs!... , and a guy gets 30 days for killing a human being. I don't get it, and Vick will definitely get the raw end of it more in his life.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 05:35 PM)
I mean it's crazy. One man gets locked up for years cause of f-ing dogs fighting.. dogs!... , and a guy gets 30 days for killing a human being. I don't get it, and Vick will definitely get the raw end of it more in his life.

30 days in jail

...AND 2 years of house arrest

...AND 8 years of probation

...AND reached a settlement with the family of the dude he iced

Lets not just act like hes in county for 30 days then back to the football field..

and I just read the CBSSportsline article on this and he got some strange plea deal for cooperating with investigators and because the family of that man just wanted it to be over with.. weird

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 06:56 AM)
and I just read the CBSSportsline article on this and he got some strange plea deal for cooperating with investigators and because the family of that man just wanted it to be over with.. weird

Wanted it to be over with = wanted the settlement.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)
30 days in jail

Lets not just act like hes in county for 30 days then back to the football field..

I'll take that over a year in jail anyday.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)
30 days in jail

Didn't he get a lifetime drivers license suspension as well?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
Plaxico doesn't cost us draft picks and has never thrown his QB's under the bus. (Marshall hasn't). He also isn't near the thug that Marshall is. We can't afford to give up more high draft picks, therefor, just go out and spend the cheese on Plax.

He shot himself and felt the need to carry an illegal gun in the first place....I think that defines "thug"

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
I'll take that over a year in jail anyday.

The point being was that he wasnt just slapped on the ass and told to go back to Cleveland..

Either way, the dude he hit was J walking which im sure was part of this lightened load.. also, I agree with that family just wanting to money.