Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
I have to laugh so many people already trippin out over a preseason game. I don't really blame Cutler... did you guys see the tackles getting worked over? Chris Williams was getting beat repeatedly.

Cutler is going to have about the 30th best WR group in the NFL throughout the regular season too though, which is a concern. You can only do so much throwing it to Olsen, Clark, and Forte.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Cutler is going to have about the 30th best WR group in the NFL throughout the regular season too though, which is a concern. You can only do so much throwing it to Olsen, Clark, and Forte.

Throwing to Olsen/Forte/Clark and the Run game with Forte opens up the passing game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:31 AM)
I get so sick of hearing Lovie, Turner and Angelo constantly spewing the company line of "We like what we have." No you don't. You just have to say that.

You heard Darryl Drake actually talking s*** to the media about how they can't find something wrong with his WRs? lol, let's wait until a few games into the season of non-s***ty production, you asshole. What does Drake have to show for his work anyway? Bernard Berrian?

The receivers are not going to be the problem of this team, the secondary is the biggest issue on this team. Between Hester, Olsen, and Forte they have some weapons plus Desmond Clark is a pretty damn good 2nd TE and Im sure one of the other WR's will step up and be atleast passable.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
Brett Favre is signing with the Vikings today.

http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre.minnesota.2.1133319.html

That's the link btw, he's apparently flying to Minnesota either right now or very soon. Anybody who didn't see this coming is simply sleeping, it was pretty obvious all along that he'd sign as soon as camp ended. He just didn't want to deal with camp.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
The receivers are not going to be the problem of this team, the secondary is the biggest issue on this team. Between Hester, Olsen, and Forte they have some weapons plus Desmond Clark is a pretty damn good 2nd TE and Im sure one of the other WR's will step up and be atleast passable.

I'm with you on this. Despite the 1st preseason game i think Cutler and the offense will have a solid year. Between Forte and Olsen and just the threat of simple fly patterns to Hester they'll be OK. Also, I think the O-line will end up being solid(I'm not saying they're going to be crazy, but they'll do well enough). But as you point out that secondary is a trainwreck and without MAJOR years from the d-line it could get ugly in some games.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
Let me put it this way - I'm not wishing injury on him, but if someone destroyed his ACL I would not be upset.

Not me, I would rather see him stay healthy and play poorly and put the Vikings in a real uncomfortable position. (In fact, I think this is a realisitc possability.)

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
Not me, I would rather see him stay healthy and play poorly and put the Vikings in a real uncomfortable position. (In fact, I think this is a realisitc possability.)

He's old and s***ty... this kills 2, maybe even 3 birds with one stone. This is also an acceptable outcome. I'm not sure if he can do more damage to his legacy.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)

I don't really see Sage or Taveras stepping up and not sucking.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
I don't get whats with all the hate for Brett Favre..

If he wants to play, whats the big deal.. You're only upset he went to the Vikings

Not really. He isn't that good and for once in my life the Bears actually have a QB that is better than him so it's definitely not envy. Watching him fail as a Viking is an awesome thought, both Bears and Packers fans can get off on it.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)

If he wants to play, whats the big deal.. You're only upset he went to the Vikings

Its more like we as bears fans hate him with a passion for constant ass beatings we had to endure in the 90's, and just wish he would go away forever

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Its more like we as bears fans hate him with a passion for constant ass beatings we had to endure in the 90's, and just wish he would go away forever

He hasn't done much against the Bears since Lovie's been the coach.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)

I think we're all just sick of the retiring/unretiring game and how he seems to pander to the press the whole way through. (And mind you, sometimes you can accuse the press of over-doing it, of making up stories where there is none. In this case, the press and Favre have gone through all these retirements hand in hand together.)