Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was suprised to read that Marvin Harrison is still unemployed. Anyone think the Bears should employ him? He's past his prime, but still productive, and it seems like the Bears could benefit from having a vetern receiver mentor Hester and Bennett.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 12:40 PM)
I was suprised to read that Marvin Harrison is still unemployed. Anyone think the Bears should employ him? He's past his prime, but still productive, and it seems like the Bears could benefit from having a vetern receiver mentor Hester and Bennett.

There simply has to be a lot more going on there than the average fan suspects. Either no team is convinced he has anything left or he's really hurt, or there's some serious attitude issues that the Colts managed to keep under wraps that everyone else in the league knew about.

I believe Mully and Hanley were discussing how Harrison really isnt much of a practice or film room type of guy, and that really scares off a lot of teams at this point in Harrison's career. In the last few years it has been obvious that he has lost a step as Reggie Wayne has become Manning's primary target.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 01:18 PM)
I believe Mully and Hanley were discussing how Harrison really isnt much of a practice or film room type of guy, and that really scares off a lot of teams at this point in Harrison's career. In the last few years it has been obvious that he has lost a step as Reggie Wayne has become Manning's primary target.

Even if he had just "Lost a step", with his career performance you'd think that a bunch of teams would be after him as a going over the middle/slot option if there weren't some sort of gigantic red flag on him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
Even if he had just "Lost a step", with his career performance you'd think that a bunch of teams would be after him as a going over the middle/slot option if there weren't some sort of gigantic red flag on him.

Maybe he isnt as interested in getting a job as we think he is a la Barry Sanders.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
That throw that Cutler threw 58 yards in the air on a rollout to his right which overthrew Hester was awesome.

That was amazing. I have not seen a throw that long in the air in a while. Would not surprise me if Jay has the strongest arm in the NFL. It's either him or Jamarcus Russell.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
That was amazing. I have not seen a throw that long in the air in a while. Would not surprise me if Jay has the strongest arm in the NFL. It's either him or Jamarcus Russell.

I mean, I know he sucked and all, but it really wasn't that long ago that Rex Grossman was still on the Bears. Yeah, Cutler's arm is stronger and obviously he and Grossman aren't in the same league overall, but it's not like Grossman had a noodle arm.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
I mean, I know he sucked and all, but it really wasn't that long ago that Rex Grossman was still on the Bears. Yeah, Cutler's arm is stronger and obviously he and Grossman aren't in the same league overall, but it's not like Grossman had a noodle arm.

Rex had a cannon, but I'm not sure if he ever launched the ball in the air 60 yards on a roll out. Unlike most Bear fans, I appreciated Rex, I grew up with Steve Walsh and Shane Matthews.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 12:35 PM)
Anyone picking the Bills to make the AFC title game?

Wite told me on AIM that he thinks the BILLS are winning the super bowlz and I just laughed at him.. really

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 12:35 PM)

I would, but Brady is back. ;)

I'll say Patriots/Chargers AFC title game, and Falcons/Eagles NFC title game. The 6 worst teams will be, in order: Cleveland, Tampa, Detroit, St Louis, Jacksonville, Denver.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
Rex had a cannon, but I'm not sure if he ever launched the ball in the air 60 yards on a roll out. Unlike most Bear fans, I appreciated Rex, I grew up with Steve Walsh and Shane Matthews.

I, too, appreciated Rex. He got ripped to shreds yet he wasn't really all that bad. His preseason game the other night, however, was hilarious. 5 snaps, 2 INT's, fumbled snap, and another fumble. Or something like that.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)

They've got an outside shot, but to do it they're counting on a combination of: a lot of key guys staying healthy (Edwards, Schoebel, Owens, etc.) while at the same time counting on a number of young guys to step in and help out (Maybin, their entire O-Line). Usually you'll get some of both of those, but the only way you get both to happen is to be either really lucky or to have a really good coach.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
I would, but Brady is back. ;)

I'll say Patriots/Chargers AFC title game, and Falcons/Eagles NFC title game. The 6 worst teams will be, in order: Cleveland, Tampa, Detroit, St Louis, Jacksonville, Denver.

I, too, appreciated Rex. He got ripped to shreds yet he wasn't really all that bad. His preseason game the other night, however, was hilarious. 5 snaps, 2 INT's, fumbled snap, and another fumble. Or something like that.

Falcons are gonna regress a bit IMO. No inside "local" knowledge, just a feeling that Ryan won't be quite as good while the Saints will still be very good and the Panthers will be better.