Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
Bills fire Offensive Coordinator Schonert, replace him with Alex Van Pelt

how the hell does Jauron have the stones to do this 1 week before the season starts yet he hung on to Shoop for 3 years.

The Bills offense was dreadfully bad. Like worse than nails on a chalkboard bad. That's why.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
Wow. Patriots are getting a top 5 pick for a guy past his prime.

The word "brilliance" isn't brilliant enough to describe their front office.

99 percent of the time, I would agree with you. But this is the Raiders they pantsed, they aren't the first team/people to pants the Raiders and they won't be the last.

Yesterday was an interesting day for the NFL as it was cutdown day. The only Bears move I didn't like was keeping Rashied Davis over Brandon Rideau, although I said the same thing last year and obviously they weren't going to cut Davis after having his most productive receiving season in 2008. Nate Vasher should be thanking his lucky stars the Bears defensive backs suck or he might have been cut, and I'm curious who would have been cut had Jones not got hurt (Hunter Hillenmeyer maybe?)

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
He's a roiding linebacker; battery was inevitable.

Replace "linebacker" with "freak", and that statement could describe the vast majority of NFL players. Goddell should hire a discipline czar to deal with suspensions and stuff, that alone is a full time job in the NFL. Maybe Merriman will get suspended for a couple games, get former NIU great Larry English a couple of starts. :headbang

Edited by whitesoxfan101

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4450998

The Chicago Bears on Sunday announced they have placed seven players on the practice squad, including former Northwestern quarterback Brett Basanez.

Other players placed on the practice squad include: Johan Asiata (G, UNLV), Ervin Baldwin (DE, Michigan State), Joe Clemond (DE, Pittsburgh), Donovan Raiola (C, Wisconsin), Will Ta'ufo'ou (FB, California), and Woodny Turenne (CB, Louisville).

The Bears have one remaining practice squad spot available.

Fired OC Schonert rips in to Jauron.

The Buffalo Bills remain a team in turmoil as former offensive coordinator Turk Schonert told a Buffalo television station Friday afternoon he was fired because the Bills' offense "wasn't simple enough" for coach Dick Jauron.

"He wants a 'Pop Warner' offense," Schonert said in a phone interview with WIVB. "He limited me in formations, and limited me in plays. He's been on my back all offseason."

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Merriman was getting together with Tila Tequila? Really?

Didn't know that either, I thought she was with Ray J. Kinda interesting to say the least with those two.

Edited by SoxAce

My God Al Davis is a moron....though I often understand that picks in the top 5 aren't as valuable as they seem due to contractual demands...though with a team like the patriots and the NFL looking more and more like an uncapped league in the future, it doesn't really matter....

I guess im the only one who thinks the Patriots are dumbasses for trading Seymour for a 2011 1st round pick.

The Patriots have already lost a bunch of people off their defense this offseason now they trade away a pro bowl DE. They are a team that was already in position to contend for the Super Bowl why make that trade? And they dont know how Oakland is going to be in 2 years, its quite possible they lose out on a good pick now for a later pick in a couple seasons.

Of course, I don't know if that's all Oakland would give them and refused this one. Either way, its a little puzzling as to why they make this move.