Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Green Bay didn't play their best game last night I'll take the win.

The 3-4 defense certainly looked solid for their first real game, safeties were getting beat but Green Bay has little depth there. Loved the aggressiveness. Can't wait till BJ is on the field, the defensive line looked tired in the second half to me. Will Blackmon coming back will help as well, gives GB another corner and a better return man on special teams, Nelson didn't do too bad though.

Offense definitely looked like s***, whole right side of the line could not hold down Ogunleye or anybody in general. I would have liked to see Green Bay used the 5 receiver formation more and get Finley more involved, they threw to him early but then he just disappeared. James Jones was nowhere to be found either. Run game was so so, I still don't like Wynn and wish Jackson was used a little more, he looked decent towards the end of last season and I like him receiving the ball instead of Wynn. Bengals should be a nice matchup for the offense next week and the Rams the following week.

Both teams really didn't play their best football tonight, should be a better matchup come December.

1-0!

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
Even though Green Bay didn't play their best game last night I'll take the win.

The 3-4 defense certainly looked solid for their first real game, safeties were getting beat but Green Bay has little depth there. Loved the aggressiveness. Can't wait till BJ is on the field, the defensive line looked tired in the second half to me. Will Blackmon coming back will help as well, gives GB another corner and a better return man on special teams, Nelson didn't do too bad though.

Offense definitely looked like s***, whole right side of the line could not hold down Ogunleye or anybody in general. I would have liked to see Green Bay used the 5 receiver formation more and get Finley more involved, they threw to him early but then he just disappeared. James Jones was nowhere to be found either. Run game was so so, I still don't like Wynn and wish Jackson was used a little more, he looked decent towards the end of last season and I like him receiving the ball instead of Wynn. Bengals should be a nice matchup for the offense next week and the Rams the following week.

Both teams really didn't play their best football tonight, should be a better matchup come December.

1-0!

I'm not worried about the Offense. They looked a little out of sync, but it's the first week. They just missed some big plays.

The D-line looked awesome. Cullen Jenkins is a beast. I can't wait till BJ gets in the rotation too.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 08:45 AM)
Urlacher out for the season.

Awesome. Of all the players to suffer a bulls*** wrist injury on our team, it has to be our most important piece that covers all that ground in the Cover 2.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
A dislocated wrist shouldn't keep you out 4 months. Unless there's something else wrong, he should be back after a few games. Heck, even a BROKEN wrist shouldn't keep someone out the whole season.

The article said there were some other complications.

According to ESPN, the Bears have contacted Derrick Brooks about joining the team. I wonder if that means they'd put Briggs at MLB and move Brooks to his old weakside spot 'cause I don't think Brooks has enough left in the tank to cover all that area the Mike has to in our defense. But, I think he could still help us out.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
According to ESPN, the Bears have contacted Derrick Brooks about joining the team. I wonder if that means they'd put Briggs at MLB and move Brooks to his old weakside spot 'cause I don't think Brooks has enough left in the tank to cover all that area the Mike has to in our defense. But, I think he could still help us out.

Briggs was a MLB in college I think.

Please someone kill me though.

There are few finer men than Derrick Brooks who have played pro football in the last two decades, but does he have anything left? A player with his pedigree, his class, his humility, his character, his leadership is currently out of work...the only reason a team would not have him on their roster by now is he just can't do it anymore.

I hate that, because DB is one of my all time favorite non Bear players, and would love to see him help this team. I just don't know if he can (at least on the field).

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)

I'm all for Brooks. I think he'd help us a lot.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
There are few finer men than Derrick Brooks who have played pro football in the last two decades, but does he have anything left? A player with his pedigree, his class, his humility, his character, his leadership is currently out of work...the only reason a team would not have him on their roster by now is he just can't do it anymore.

I hate that, because DB is one of my all time favorite non Bear players, and would love to see him help this team. I just don't know if he can (at least on the field).

If Lacher is out, then isn't it really worth the gamble?

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)

Brooks is a cover 2 genius. I am not a fan of Urlacher by the way.

This is an ideal situation for Brooks as he knows that defense as good as anyone.

I'll love getting Brooks in there. Defense played great though...great. Offense had its problems but I expect things to get better. Cutler wasn't near as bad as some would indicate, especially given the pressure he was seeing all game.

It will get better Bear fans, it will!!