Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)
But then there's no point because its 4th and 6. They needed to try and actually get the first there.

theres no doubt it was a dumb play, and mannelly did say so...but i understand it a bit more after listening to mannelly say what his logic was...basically if they have 12 on the field, its a free play..so snap it...and if oyu get the first down then you decline the penatly, if not you just punt on 4th and 6....it was still a really stupid play and that logic only works if you are 100% sure that there are 12 on the field, which obviously wasn't the case

QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
Well that was a fast football season. Call me crazy, but I'm not particularly a big fan of a sport that has such a high probability of injury. If I wanted to watch all my favorite athletes get hurt, I'd just watch the MMA or UFC. I watch football for football, but the game is just too flawed in it's design. Nothing good is ever going to come from a bunch of 250+ lb guys running into each other, jumping into each other, and piling up on top of each other. That's not football, that's how gorilla armies would fight each other.

Anybody here follow rugby? Thats the most similar game to football and I wonder if they have anywhere near the same amount of injuries football does? And they dont wear pads either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
And thus begin's Dick Jauron's final season as a head coach.

Only 2 catches for TO also.

No doubt we'll here the "give me the damn ball and we'll win" speech in the media this week.

How can you blame Jauron?

He had his team in a position to win at NE and his kick returner screwed him. All he has to do is run out of the endzone and waste 6 seconds so that 2 minute warning is the same as the change of possession and the Bills only need a first down to win.

Just a really bad play by the kick returner.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
How can you blame Jauron?

He had his team in a position to win at NE and his kick returner screwed him. All he has to do is run out of the endzone and waste 6 seconds so that 2 minute warning is the same as the change of possession and the Bills only need a first down to win.

Just a really bad play by the kick returner.

You can only "Not blame the coach" so many years in a row.