Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 10:45 PM)
Does replay actually make things better any more?

It makes them better, but it doesn't make them perfect. For some reason, it just seems like we are going to have to deal with an occasional replay ruling that makes no sense as long as humans are looking at the replays.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
IIRC, a "too many men" penalty is just a 5 yard penalty. Even if they would've gotten the call, it would've been 4th and 6. IMO, you don't take the chance unless your 100% sure or if your at the 50 beyond, not on your own 30. EDIT- STRANGESOX BEAT ME TO THAT ONE.

No it does work because you either: get the first down or get the penalty and punt away.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
So a day after, I'm actually encouraged as a Bears fan. They lost the TO battle 4-0, wasted 2 challenges on obvious calls, had an idiotic direct snap by the ever reliable Patrick Mannelly, their $15m new LG Frank Omiyale looked terrible, Olsen and Forte had a combined 1 catch, Tinosamoa and Urlacher missed practically the whole game, and they lost by 6 points on a TD with 1:10 left + a 2 point conversion.

If it takes all that to beat the Bears by 6 in a tough place to play like Green Bay, I still think the Bears can win 10 games.

Meh, I'm never with the 'We played horrible and only lost by whatever' spin job. Bottomline is they lost. The offensive line was pretty terrible for the most part. I can't even come up with the words to describe how terrible Omiyale was (although Allen Barbre was shockingly worse). Orlando pace is toast as a run blocker. Nowhere near as athletic and explosive as he once was (obviously not a surprise at his age). The rest of the line was pretty blah. The blocking overall was pretty bad, including that of Forte/Olsen/Clark. The Packer d was just furious last night. I was very impressed. I know Cutler wasn't nearly as bad as the stats last night suggest (at least two of those picks were not his fault). But the inexperience and lack of talent around him outside of Forte/Olsen is no fluke. I think people really underestimate how good he had it in Denver. I was pleased with the defense for the most part (although it's obviously been severely weakened with Brian's injury). Adewale looked like Bruce Smith in his prime. But that's obviously not gonna happen every week. I still think our secondary sucks. And it was exposed rather easily when we couldn't generate a pass rush. I like your optimism. But I'd be shocked if this team won 10 games.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I hate Nathan Vasher. How does a guy go from pro-bowl caliber at 25 to practice squad caliber at 27?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
Their defense still sucks (obviously not tonight). But they've got sick potential on offense.

Both sides of the ball have a ton of talent, especially the DL now, I just don't know if Russell will lead the team to anything positive.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 11:59 PM)
Both sides of the ball have a ton of talent, especially the DL now, I just don't know if Russell will lead the team to anything positive.

Yeah, he's been pretty terrible tonight. But his arm alone makes me warm and fuzzy inside. I hope he eventually puts it all together.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 12:26 AM)
That's what I'm talking about. He's gonna be spectacular eventually. How did it look?

Throw was right on the money, San Diego's safety was playing up for some retarded reason. Louis Murphy looks like a steal, and makes up for the crappy Heyward-Bey pick.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
That's what I'm talking about. He's gonna be spectacular eventually. How did it look?

Ok I guess, dude was wide open anyone coulda made that throw..

Phil Rivers will lead SD to victory..

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
Oakland defensive coaches are just retarded, having the LB's drop back 10 yards and give up the under everytime.

Yeah, why would you do anything different from what they have all game long that has been very effective. The only difference is Id tell the safeties not to get beat deep.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 11:46 PM)
Mike & Mike should be nowhere near a football telecast ever again,they are like nails being hammered to my skull,they are atrociuos.

They were HORRIBLE

I couldn't stand it either..

I have to say I was mildly impressed with Chucky in the booth. He was relaxed and didnt play up the growling persona that everyone places on him.

Jaws was pissing me off because he kept telling Chucky he was wrong very blatantly.