Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
I give them credit for winning today, but a victory over a good team doesn't change the fact that there are some major problems that need to be fixed (good news is the biggest among the problems after week 1 was Cutler/Cutler and the receivers chemistry, which was obviously good today). And yes, I think the Vikings, who were better than the Bears last year and have a pretty similar team to what they had last year except for adding Brett Favre and Percy Harvin, are the favorites. What a crazy concept that is.

2 teams from the same division can't make the playoffs? When did they change that?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
I cannot envision any scenario in which they win both games, and I think it would be a surprise if they win either of them.

surprise surprise :headbang

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
But even then, Cubs fans still blindly think they're perennial s***ty baseball team is "going all the way" and don't give up till the very end....but 2 games for the bears and its over.

And then you got all the "experts" claiming that the bears are in massive trouble, that Cutler is horrible and we should get Orton back, etc. Then 5 minutes later say "well the Pats/Chargers were just a little bit rusty, they'll be fine." Really? So the Pats and Chargers, who have been playing together for the last 4 years, were rusty....but the Bears, who have been playing together for 4 months should be clicking on all cylinders? What the f***?

Am I watching different games or something? "Cutler SHOULD have had 7 interceptions Troy, he was just plain terrible" No mention of his receivers hanging him out to dry or the absolute s*** play-calling in the redzone though. No mention of JC coming out in the second half and marching down the field easily after a horrific first half that would have destroyed most other QB's and STILL being in a position to win that game after spotting them 7 points due to Des Clark.

Idiots, and the dumb fans here lap that s*** up like its gospel. The experts are just like everybody else for f*** sake, they don't know what the hell they're talking about half the time just like every other fan.

^^you make a lot of sense,so what the hell are you doing here at SoxTalk,lol

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Now there is no doubt the Pitt pass rush is better than the Packers, but their secondary certainly isn't as good (especially without TroyP), so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cutler's numbers are as follows: 19 for 31 250 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT.

Actual numbers:

27 for 38 236 2 TD 0 INT. Not a bad prediction really, you undersold him a bit on his accuracy but still in the ballpark.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 07:32 AM)
Also I'm not sure how Cutler had 71% accuracy with all the f***ing drops the WRs had. But I'll take it.

I mean, he's young and can be any kind of QB he wants. He doesn't just have a gun for an arm, he has an accurate gun for an arm. If we upgrade our WR weapons, or our WR weapons upgrade themselves by studying the playbook and doing the things they control, Cutler's INTs will be sub-15 each year in his career, and that's being VERY conservative.

I really don't think "gunslinger" mentality is accurate. If he knows he has to be in a shootout, he takes the chances because everytime his offense didn't score, it was another TD they were down in Denver it seemed like. Besides the obvious less attempts will = less interceptions likely, the fact that our defense isn't horses*** like denvers I think will also lead to less ints and higher completion %.

The one caveat in this thing is that our WRs are making stupid mistakes that are and probably will lead to more ints for him.

I guess what I'm saying is, like everyone else, I'm not expecting Cutler to put up Brees #s, really ever for the Bears. But I wouldn't be shocked if his yards went down and his efficiency went up. I don't know about TDs, I mean, I think he can be a 30 td qb for us eventually considering now on goal lines we have a QB who can run a bootleg and hit the TE/WR in the end zone on the run instead of us relying on Forte/AP to run it in. (not this year, but assuming, since we are at the worst you could possibly be at WR, that we improve this position in years to come.)

SO anyways my point is I think Cutler is a good QB. shocking!??! PUT ME DOWN THAT I THINK CUTLER WILL BE A GOOD QB. BRING IT!!!

i love all the analysis of Cutler's facial expressions......what people don't realize is that that dumbass droopy half stoned cutler expression is light years better than it was in college...its been like this since I 2003 when i was a freshman at vandy....its funny though back in college he would be half undressed, still sweaty and have just an even dumber look on his face during press conferences....at least now he cleans up a bit.....this was from 2 years ago btw

http://www.catsandbeer.com/sports/does-any...does-jay-cutler

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
In the Sun Times game wrap up article they mentioned Alex Brown sprained his ankle, so not as bad as I imagined

depends how bad the sprain is. He's our best dlineman...Harris is just trash now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 11:10 AM)
depends how bad the sprain is. He's our best dlineman...Harris is just trash now.

I think AB will give it a go no matter what, and it was encouraging that he walked off the field as opposed to being carted or half-carried off. Anderson has filled in pretty nicely so far, and Ogun has been at a Pro Bowl level so far

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:27 AM)
I don't know about that, I was on the same boat, but he made a couple plays in the backfield were too impressive for me to call him garbage.

Anyone else got an opinion on Harris from these first 2 games? I'd actually be curious to hear it. Usually with a quality DT, you don't always notice what they're doing because they're not the ones getting to the QB, you notice them when you see that the outside guys and LB's are getting to the QB because the DT is blowing up the center and you notice them in the stats when you see that the opponent's running game sucked.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
Anyone else got an opinion on Harris from these first 2 games? I'd actually be curious to hear it. Usually with a quality DT, you don't always notice what they're doing because they're not the ones getting to the QB, you notice them when you see that the outside guys and LB's are getting to the QB because the DT is blowing up the center and you notice them in the stats when you see that the opponent's running game sucked.

Well, here's what I'm saying. The Pitt Oline is VERY bad. And Especially at the guard T. Harris was matched up against, I expected domination. He was pretty much average yesterday, that is a very bad sign for me.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Well, here's what I'm saying. The Pitt Oline is VERY bad. And Especially at the guard T. Harris was matched up against, I expected domination. He was pretty much average yesterday, that is a very bad sign for me.

How do you define average though? Because the things that usually are a sign of a decent DT performance happened. Pitt couldn't run the ball and the D-Line got pressure on Ben, which is never easy with him because of how much he moves around. Those things could easily be happening in spite of Harris, but I'm not convinced yet.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
How do you define average though? Because the things that usually are a sign of a decent DT performance happened. Pitt couldn't run the ball and the D-Line got pressure on Ben, which is never easy with him because of how much he moves around. Those things could easily be happening in spite of Harris, but I'm not convinced yet.

Yeah, that's the Hammerhead Johnson argument that I don't buy, because Harris was paid the money he was paid to not only stuff runs, but to get TFL and pressure on the QB the way he did his rookie and sophomore years. Against something awful of a guard he needs to do more. Ben had a lot of time and a nice pocket for a decent part of this game. ANd I say this because Roethlisberger is as good as he is because he somehow manages to get that offense to score points when he's on his back all game.

Houshmanzadeh hasnt been practicing during the week and Lofa Totupu is playing hurt as well, and Walter Jones is also hurt.

This is a game the Bears should win bigtime, this Seahawks team will be a shadow of what it should be

With the injuries, this is definitely a very winnable road game for the Bears, and with Detroit coming to Soldier Field the next week, they should be looking at 3-1 headed into the bye week.

I'm making the trip out to Seattle for the game this weekend, see what the whole 12th man BS is truly about, hopefully watch the Bears bring home a victory, should be a good time.

Even with Hasselbeck I thought this would be a very winnable game for the Bears, now that he is either out or playing hurt we really should crush the Seahawks. My hope is that after seeing Frank Gore run for 200ish yards vs them we can finally get Forte cruising and take some heat off Cutler.