Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 15, 2009 -> 11:40 AM)
Care to share? :unsure:

I figured I would let everyone find out, but its a good one:

http://deadspin.com/5382350/mike-sims+walk...atus-out+nookie

Michael C. Wright of the The Florida Times-Union got to the bottom of the matter:

Everyone wants to know why Jaguars receiver Mike Sims-Walker was deactivated for Sunday's 41-0 blowout at Seattle.

Well, the answer is simpler than you think.

Sims-Walker missed bed check Friday night due to a visit with a female friend that went a little long, according to an NFL source, who described the situaton [sic] by saying, "undefeated and untied."

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 08:07 AM)
espn mvp watch

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/...dos-mvp-watch-4

Cutler 5th

Orton 7th

Ced Benson 9th

i barely recognize Orton in that pic without the neck beard

Favre 2nd and AP 10th??? i already take no stock in this list cause its football retarded

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 08:17 AM)

Favre 2nd and AP 10th??? i already take no stock in this list cause its football retarded

Orton should be higher up on that list imo, same with AP.

Team records should be taken into stock a little more.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 08:17 AM)

AP isn't the dominant force he should be right now. He isn't taking over games like he has in the past.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
he's on pace for 1500 yards and 22 tds at 5 yards a carry. Not sure what you are watching.

Averaging under 100 yards/game isn't all that impressive these days. The TDs are impressive though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
Averaging under 100 yards/game isn't all that impressive these days. The TDs are impressive though.

Umm having a 1000 yard season isnt overly impressive anymore, having 1500 yards with 22 TD's puts you as one of the top3 rb's in the league no doubt.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)

he's 6 yards away from leading the league in rushing. Ap is the last rb I start to doubt. Forte,Portis,Jacobs,Jones Drew,Turner,Slaton and Deangelo Williams have been dissapointments so far, not AP.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
Umm having a 1000 yard season isnt overly impressive anymore, having 1500 yards with 22 TD's puts you as one of the top3 rb's in the league no doubt.

I'm just saying that based on his opponents his numbers should be astronomical right now and they're just very good. I mean 69 yards against the Rams? He only broke 100 yards once so far this season and everyone keeps saying how they haven't played anyone yet.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
I'm just saying that based on his opponents his numbers should be astronomical right now and they're just very good. I mean 69 yards against the Rams? He only broke 100 yards once so far this season and everyone keeps saying how they haven't played anyone yet.

That tends to happen when you only get 15 carries. Did it cross your mind that maybe the Vikings are saving their workhorse for the Ravens and Steelers the next 2 weeks? Is it really worth AP racking up 200 yards in a game that was won in the 1st quarter?

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
That tends to happen when you only get 15 carries. Did it cross your mind that maybe the Vikings are saving their workhorse for the Ravens and Steelers the next 2 weeks? Is it really worth AP racking up 200 yards in a game that was won in the 1st quarter?

Yeah, he got 69 yards but for an average of 4.6 yards. The game was over before it started.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)

He hasn't even racked up a 100 yards per game after the 1st week.

I'm not disputing that he's the best RB in the NFL. I'd take him in a heartbeat over anyone else. But after 5 games going up against some awful teams I would have expected much better numbers.

And I thought teams leaned more towards the run once they were up big? You're telling me he was benched at halftime in these 5 games?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
He hasn't even racked up a 100 yards per game after the 1st week.

I'm not disputing that he's the best RB in the NFL. I'd take him in a heartbeat over anyone else. But after 5 games going up against some awful teams I would have expected much better numbers.

And I thought teams leaned more towards the run once they were up big? You're telling me he was benched at halftime in these 5 games?

Peterson is averaging 4.9 yards a carry, 96.2 yards a game, and has 7 rushing touchdowns. He's had no dropoff in play (he's actually slightly above his yards per carry pace last year and well above his touchdown pace), he's just getting the ball less since they have Favre, which is probably a good thing for self-preservation purposes. The only poor game he's had was the Green Bay game, and Green Bay had literally 9 men in the box at times during that game, which is why Favre ended up with a 135.3 rating for the night.

Edited by whitesoxfan101