Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
as a Bears fan, I am not looking forward to the Jared Allen/Orlando Pace matchups coming later in the year

Right now I think Jared Allen is the most dominant defensive player in the game, but I think Pace would have a harder time with someone like Dwight Freeney.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)
Orton is not why the Broncos are 5-0 though.

NO s***, YOU THINK.

But you can't tell me the NFL doesn't look at that when selecting because there is no doubt in my mind they do.

Orton's line is still better than Jay.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
NO s***, YOU THINK.

But you can't tell me the NFL doesn't look at that when selecting because there is no doubt in my mind they do.

Orton's line is still better than Jay.

It's my pet peeve.

I don't care what Orton's line is relative to Cutler's if Cutler is doing what he was expected to do when he was acquired. I really don't.

edit: I thought you meant "stats" and not OL when you said "line"

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
It's my pet peeve.

I don't care what Orton's line is relative to Cutler's if Cutler is doing what he was expected to do when he was acquired. I really don't.

edit: I thought you meant "stats" and not OL when you said "line"

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
I agree, Ryan Clady is a beast

Ahh shush, you both knew what I meant by line, :P (stats)

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
Don't they need linebackers and DBs more than DL?

No. A fierce DL will make the LBs and DBs better. C'mon, you know better than that. Domino effect DL////LB////CB _

This gives the bears the best DE rotation in all of football. Now we have Ogun's replacement.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
This gives the bears the best DE rotation in all of football. Now we have Ogun's replacement.

How so? You act like you just traded for a pro bowler. He was traded because he has been underachieving for his draft status. Now im not saying he isnt any good, but, its not like you just traded for some dominant DE.

nvm, I see that it was a 2nd round pick. Hopefully they can get more out of him than Tampa did.

Edited by T R U

I get the trade because Adams is a great talent. But it is a risk as a 2nd rounder is a steep price (and now the Bears don't have a 1st or 2nd rounder in the 2010 draft IIRC) as Adams was traded for a reason. And with that in mind, DE isn't really a need right now, although it obviously could be in 2010 when Adewale leaves. I wonder if another move is coming.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I really don't get this trade for the Bears, adds depth but they really didn't need it. They don't really need a defensive linemen imo. They have Ogunleye, Anderson, Brown already.

Gaines has underachieved in Tampa and has continuous ankle problems I've heard. Seems to me the Bears are mortgaging their future getting rid of most of their top draft picks in these upcoming drafts.

This draft is especially stocked with defensive linemen that I just don't see how this makes sense.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
I really don't get this trade for the Bears, adds depth but they really didn't need it. They don't really need a defensive linemen imo. They have Ogunleye, Anderson, Brown already.

Gaines has underachieved in Tampa and has continuous ankle problems I've heard. Seems to me the Bears are mortgaging their future getting rid of most of their top draft picks in these upcoming drafts.

This draft is especially stocked with defensive linemen that I just don't see how this makes sense.

Ogunleye is in the last year of his deal and just about out of his prime (he's 32). Not that I necessarily agree with the trade but that's probably something they had in mind. Angelo loves his DEs, and Dan Bauzin was a total bust.

I thought DE was near the of the list of draft needs this year, and certainly next year....Ogunleye and Anderson in last year of contract and Alex Brown entering that age where DE's start to decline fast....in addition, Brown isn't nearly as much of a pass rushing DE anymore that is needed in the cover 2...

I like it because its unlikely the bears would have been able to get a DE with Adams production in the second round, and certainly would not have been able to get one of Adams upside in the second round...basically if the worst Adams will be going forward is a 6 sack a year guy (his average the last two years) than its at least a break even move in my opinion...Adams also has a shot at being a 12 sack a year guy though