Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
To defend him...it's gonna take a long time to get back to the explosiveness a DT needs when you have a knee injury like that.

If by long time, you mean never, you are correct. I'm not saying it is his fault that he's not playing good, he just physically doesn't have the ability to be an upper echelon DT and unfortunately for him we are paying him to be one so when he doesn't perform like one he's gonna get called out.

He'll be gone at the end of the year. I used to say Urlacher would be gone too, but given the few draft picks we have, the only way he's gone is if Roach/Williams step-up this year. If they do, Urlacher will be traded (mabye the Bears try to get something for Harris too) and than use there picks to replenish the oline as well as pick up another safety. The dline will be addressed with the Gaines Adams move and the current options for at least one more year.

The Bears are also going to have to get creative in there attempt to improve the oline and that creativity might just be shelling out major bucks for a FA.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Would about letting go of T Harris and trading Urlacher to solve other needs and moving Gaines inside? This is from an outsider's perspective.

Trading Urlacher is tantamount to trading Frank Thomas and Ryne Sandberg when they were on the downsides of their careers. Sure, it's possible, but it would be PR suicide.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
Trading Urlacher is tantamount to trading Frank Thomas and Ryne Sandberg when they were on the downsides of their careers. Sure, it's possible, but it would be PR suicide.

Actually I really disagree with this. Urlacher has kind of dropped out of public eye as the golden boy, I am fairly positive Cutler has taken that title. With Briggs doing his thing, Urlacher can go and the Bears can still retain the Linebacker prowess because of Briggs' performance.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)

Eh, alot of Bears fans I talk to, a ton of girls at that, all think Urlacher needs to go. A lot of girls that have met him do not like his "I'm better than you" personality. From all accounts, the man is a dk and alot of Bears fans that I'm surrounded by have realized that. And these aren't super duper diehard fans either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 06:25 PM)
That would have been a great reaction to a run to the Super Bowl.

Once they knew he was having issues with his neck...yeah real smart to hold on to him because some of the meat head fans would be mad they kept one of the most overrated players.....

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
Eh, alot of Bears fans I talk to, a ton of girls at that, all think Urlacher needs to go. A lot of girls that have met him do not like his "I'm better than you" personality. From all accounts, the man is a dk and alot of Bears fans that I'm surrounded by have realized that. And these aren't super duper diehard fans either.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
Once they knew he was having issues with his neck...yeah real smart to hold on to him because some of the meat head fans would be mad they kept one of the most overrated players.....

Hindsight is 20/20, what you're saying really just doesn't reflect reality. Besides, his performance didn't even start declining then, he had won DPOY the year prior and still was a top 3 MLB in the game, why the hell would they have traded him? That would be insanity. Why don't we just trade Jay Cutler right now in case he has a sharp decline in performance?