Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Jay Cutler is a franchise QB... the bears are still closer to winning a super this year than they were last year.

Agreed, but Nick Markakis on the Nationals would make them closer to winning a World Series

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
Rams fans disagree as well

959 rushing yards, 6 touchdowns, 6.7 YPC, and 162 receiving yards and a receiving touchdown too.

There are running backs I would take before Chris Johnson, such as Adrian Peterson, DeAngelo Williams, and maybe Steven Jackson (though he missed 8 games between 2007 and 2008), along with a few others. But going into the game today, Chris Johnson was leading the NFL in rushing with 824 yards, and he just put up 135 more while getting in the endzone a couple more times. This season, Chris Johnson is better than your running back.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
959 rushing yards, 6 touchdowns, 6.7 YPC, and 162 receiving yards and a receiving touchdown too.

There are running backs I would take before Chris Johnson, such as Adrian Peterson, DeAngelo Williams, and maybe Steven Jackson (though he missed 8 games between 2007 and 2008), along with a few others. But going into the game today, Chris Johnson was leading the NFL in rushing with 824 yards, and he just put up 135 more while getting in the endzone a couple more times. This season, Chris Johnson is better than your running back.

i can agree with that, i'd rather have other running backs but yes, this season Chris Johnson has been better than your running back

my personal top five:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Steven Jackson

3. Frank Gore

4. Chris Johnson

5. MJD

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
i can agree with that, i'd rather have other running backs but yes, this season Chris Johnson has been better than your running back

my personal top five:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Steven Jackson

3. Frank Gore

4. Chris Johnson

5. MJD

I like 3 of the 5.

1. AP

2. Steven Jackson

3. Chris Johnson

4. DeAngelo Williams

5. Michael Turner

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Or...Green Bay could possibly work out a deal with St. Louis to take the top OT in the draft (Russell Okung).

Maybe something like their 1st, 3rd, and Kampman for the Rams top pick?

That would be a terrible trade. Also not likely to happen if Thompson is still employed by the Packers next season as he is a guy who covets having as many draft picks as possible.

I'd rather us switch back to a 4-3 than trade Kampman.

Cowboys now 6-2 & in 1st in the East.

Defense did their job tonight, Jenkins looks like a stud out there. The stop on 4th & 1 pretty much sealed the fate for Philly tonight.

Romo was efficient, Roy finally got involved, Witten had a good game & Austin came through with another big play. They even threw some wildcat in there. Going into Lambeau next week for a winnable game. 'skins in 2 weeks & Oakland on thanksgiving. There's a good chance this team is 9-2 going into December where they have 4 tough games. But for now, I'll just enjoy this win.

*raises roof for the 1st place Cowboys*

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)
Cowboys now 6-2 & in 1st in the East.

Defense did their job tonight, Jenkins looks like a stud out there. The stop on 4th & 1 pretty much sealed the fate for Philly tonight.

Romo was efficient, Roy finally got involved, Witten had a good game & Austin came through with another big play. They even threw some wildcat in there. Going into Lambeau next week for a winnable game. 'skins in 2 weeks & Oakland on thanksgiving. There's a good chance this team is 9-2 going into December where they have 4 tough games. But for now, I'll just enjoy this win.

*raises roof for the 1st place Cowboys*

Argubly the best win Wade Phillips would have had as a senior coach I'd say.

Probably the best gaeme Roy Williams has had, which is huge for the offense.

The NFC East is in our hands now, so lets hope we don't see another December meltdown.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
Can someone get me the e-mails to Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, and Mike Shanahan?

I need to recruit a new Bears head coach. Lovie needs to go.

Lovie is absoultely getting railed on talk radio so far today...rightfully so...

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)
Can someone get me the e-mails to Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, and Mike Shanahan?

I need to recruit a new Bears head coach. Lovie needs to go.

you need to send your first email to the McCaskey family asking if it is ok to pay lovie for two more years even if he is fired.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 08:19 AM)
Sadly, we all know the answer.

I really believe Jay Cutler changed the organization and if Jay isn't happy we will here about it. He's too good of a player to sit around and wait for the org to figure it out.

I expect swift changes this off-season if we miss the playoffs and I think Lovie knew damn well that his job was on the line this year and thats why he took over as the DC.

I'll tell you what the problem is, and it's not Lovie. It's the actual players. The Bears have a garbage OL. Harris really isn't that bad as a DL, though he's not the same as before though. Tillman shouldn't be your best CB. The only guys worth keeping as starters on defense are Briggs and Alfalava. The rest are pretty trash.