Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 07:08 AM)
Well Mike North has a new theory this morning. Jay Cutler sucks and is Rex Grossman and Ron Turner is great. Its not Ron Turners fault that the bears O sucks its entirely on Jay Cutler.

He has been reading Chet Coppick. That's not a new theory, its just someone else doing North's thinking.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 12:08 AM)
I honestly don't know that it would have mattered...they were not particularly stopping the Colts too well anyways at that point...

Yeah...even if they'd punted, do you really think that an extra 40 yards would have stopped Manning with that much time on the clock?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
It's not like Manning was lighting the world on fire the entire game though.

I'd still be absolutely shocked if you gave Manning the ball with 2:00 on the clock and 70 yards to go and he didn't pull it off. That's just what guys like him do.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
I'd still of punted if I was Belichick. If Peyton's gonna beat me, he's gonna have to go the 70 or so yards to do so.

Of course you gotta punt it away...maybe Manning drives them to a TD but at least you tell your defense you have confidence in them making a stop,but Belichick essentially gave his D a vote of no confidence and frankly looked like a douche going for it on 4th and 2 on your OWN 28 yard line and up by 6,I mean when is the last time you ever seen something like that??

BB is getting torched by most NFL analysts and deservedly so.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
Of course you gotta punt it away...maybe Manning drives them to a TD but at least you tell your defense you have confidence in them making a stop,but Belichick essentially gave his D a vote of no confidence and frankly looked like a douche going for it on 4th and 2 on your OWN 28 yard line and up by 6,I mean when is the last time you ever seen something like that??

BB is getting torched by most NFL analysts and deservedly so.

I wish I saw these analysts that were torching him. I follow Adam Schefter & Peter King on Twitter and they've been slurping him all day. I still think he's a good coach, he just made a HORRIBLE decision. But to try and justify it because he's a good coach is stupid. He tried to be ballsy & it backfired on him.

Was watching the Ravens/Browns game. I know the Baltimore D is good. But the Browns owe me somethin'. I don't care what it is. I'll even take an apology. They have without question the most pathetic, deplorable, inept offense I've seen in some time. 5 offensive touchdowns in their last 15 games? I want those 3+ hours back.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 01:52 AM)
Was watching the Ravens/Browns game. I know the Baltimore D is good. But the Browns owe me somethin'. I don't care what it is. I'll even take an apology. They have without question the most pathetic, deplorable, inept offense I've seen in some time. 5 offensive touchdowns in their last 15 games? I want those 3+ hours back.

I know we weren't as bad as these Browns but watching part of that game reminded me of some of the John Shoop/Jim Miller Bears...you guys think we suck now,those were dreadful.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)

Your first mistake was watching Cleveland period.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 01:52 AM)

Ravens D isn't that good this year to be honest. They have the same misconception about themselves that the Bears have, that is, people outside of the fanbase assume they're good because they've been over the past several years, when there's actually been a steep dropoff this year. They looked good because they were playing the Browns.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
Ravens D isn't that good this year to be honest. They have the same misconception about themselves that the Bears have, that is, people outside of the fanbase assume they're good because they've been over the past several years, when there's actually been a steep dropoff this year. They looked good because they were playing the Browns.

I was thinking the same thing, people still give them credit for what they were in the past. Looking at the stats though, they are 5th in the NFL in pts allowed/game and 7th in yards/game.

Despite the CIN/ARI debacles, the Bears are somehow 10th in the league in points allowed/game. But they are 19th in yards.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)

They are still a pretty damn solid defense... At least top 10.