Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 26, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
Seriously? This is what the NFL has to offer? We get tortured having to watch the Lions play every f***ing year, and now the Raiders are down 17 at half vs Dallas. Last year, we got to all watch Seattle get blown out in Dallas, too.

NFL likes to give the Cowboys easy games on Thanksgiving to make them look good.

I'm sick and tired of watching the f***ing Cowboys every weekend, same goes for the Patriots.

They like to set up matches to make the Cowboys win and the Lions lose.

But I'm thankful for a Packers win.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 26, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
NFL likes to give the Cowboys easy games on Thanksgiving to make them look good.

I'm sick and tired of watching the f***ing Cowboys every weekend, same goes for the Patriots.

They like to set up matches to make the Cowboys win and the Lions lose.

But I'm thankful for a Packers win.

That part isnt so hard, it happens regardless

Edited by KyYlE23

Easy win for the Cowboys, but the season starts now considering we're just about in December.

Great night though with the Giants losing, they look just about done IMO.

Oh and Martz would be a terrible signing for the Bears, because the QB has got to stay a long time in the pocket in is offense with minimal protection, and that means you need a very good offensive line which the Bears do not have at this point.

Martz is not the answer. Cutler isn't a Martz QB and the Bears need to be careful. Whomever they bring in should be an offensive mind that can work the X's and O'x and help Cutler get better.

If the Bears wanted to be ballsy, I'd go after Jim Harbaugh the Standford caoch. But again, college coachs rarely pan out. And if I went with Harbaugh, I'd want the club to hire veteran assistants which would be expensive.

So it wouldn't happen, although I believe Jim would be a very good coach for Cutler.

Hiring Martz for a yr isn't an option. We don't want him as our head coach, he's failed everywhere else he's been as a head coach and as an OC he hasn't had the same magic he had in St. Louis. Bad decision.

We bring in Martz and Cutler will be on his 4th coordinator in 4 years (Shanny's system last year, Turner's this year, Martz next year, and our new coaches the following year).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
Martz is not the answer. Cutler isn't a Martz QB and the Bears need to be careful. Whomever they bring in should be an offensive mind that can work the X's and O'x and help Cutler get better.

If the Bears wanted to be ballsy, I'd go after Jim Harbaugh the Standford caoch. But again, college coachs rarely pan out. And if I went with Harbaugh, I'd want the club to hire veteran assistants which would be expensive.

So it wouldn't happen, although I believe Jim would be a very good coach for Cutler.

Hiring Martz for a yr isn't an option. We don't want him as our head coach, he's failed everywhere else he's been as a head coach and as an OC he hasn't had the same magic he had in St. Louis. Bad decision.

We bring in Martz and Cutler will be on his 4th coordinator in 4 years (Shanny's system last year, Turner's this year, Martz next year, and our new coaches the following year).

How is Martz not a fit for Cutler? Cutler is a gunner. Martz's offense is all about gunning and taking shots down the field. I'd say it make a lot of sense. And who says it'll only be for a year?

I'd also hardly count Turner's offense. There's only about 6 plays in there since most of our players are not smart enuogh to learn anything more complex.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 12:47 PM)
How is Martz not a fit for Cutler? Cutler is a gunner. Martz's offense is all about gunning and taking shots down the field. I'd say it make a lot of sense. And who says it'll only be for a year?

I'd also hardly count Turner's offense. There's only about 6 plays in there since most of our players are not smart enuogh to learn anything more complex.

Martz guns but his offense always seemed more oriented on short passes, although I could be completely wrong and basing everything off of his performances in St. Louis and the fact that he typically had his best success with 2 QB's who didn't have that strong of arms (Warner/Bulger).

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
I'm not going to say Warner had a rocket of an arm, but he had a nice arm. Bulger had a decent arm, but injuries as well as IQ has gotten to him.

You do bring up an excellent point about how he had crap in Detroit and San Fran at the QB position. But my next question is how good is Martz at developing the talent, etc. Or is he just a good, agressive play-caller that sometimes goes a bit rogue/crazy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
You do bring up an excellent point about how he had crap in Detroit and San Fran at the QB position. But my next question is how good is Martz at developing the talent, etc. Or is he just a good, agressive play-caller that sometimes goes a bit rogue/crazy.

I don't see him as a developer. I believe he is the type of guy who needs to have a guy with the right skills to make his system work, and if he does have the right guy, that player will look like a superstar.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
The Texans are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams. Andre Johnson is such an awesome player in every facet of the game and Schaub is nails.

Too bad they suck and can never seem to shake .500