Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
If this happens what are the chances Matt Leinart is a Seahawk next year?

It would be an interesting idea. I actually think Matt can resurrect his career under Carroll's system. Then again.. Carroll is a big Hasselback fan so who knows.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
It would be an interesting idea. I actually think Matt can resurrect his career under Carroll's system. Then again.. Carroll is a big Hasselback fan so who knows.

Carroll can't make him younger. Does he have a kid Carroll could recruit?

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_14151185

Carroll is putting all this investigation nonsense in his rearview and driving up the coast to better times!

Man, I bet USC gets TOTALLY f***ed over with sanctions next year. A basketball team in the tank because of shady recruiting and a football team not far behind

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_14151185

Carroll is putting all this investigation nonsense in his rearview and driving up the coast to better times!

Man, I bet USC gets TOTALLY f***ed over with sanctions next year. A basketball team in the tank because of shady recruiting and a football team not far behind

And neither of the b**** coaches stuck around. The NCAA totally sucks in the way that they punish teams.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
And neither of the b**** coaches stuck around. The NCAA totally sucks in the way that they punish teams.

And in what, 2 years, Carroll will wash out in Seattle and take the newly open job at Florida/Notre Dame/Michigan.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 09:36 AM)
And in what, 2 years, Carroll will wash out in Seattle and take the newly open job at Florida/Notre Dame/Michigan.

I agree with this. They are saying Seattle is going to give him GM and Coach duties, not quite the same as being head coach at USC, just ask Butch Davis how that worked out

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 09:36 AM)

A positive viewpoint would be he would bring a much needed winning attitude back to the Hawks, which would spread to all the players via team captains who played for him at USC like Lofa Tatupu. He grooms a successor a la Parcells, then moves upstairs after 5 or 6 years. Bottom line is the organization is a mess, they needed to make a splash and bring in a new mindset in regards to player personel. When T.J. Houshmandzadeh has a bad year, you know something is wrong. He knows how to recruit top talent, maybe he can do the same in the draft and free agency. Maybe guys will want to come there and want to play better knowing they have a winner as a coach. Seattle has two (6th and 14th) first round picks thanks to the Bears and Broncos, I don't have a problem at all with Pete Carroll making those picks. They need to draft foundational guys with those picks, instead of the boyscouts that Tim Ruskell would draft and Jim Mora would bench over former Falcons players. All in all, if Carroll wins Seattle a super bowl, then it was worth it. I'd like another shot at the Steelers as would most Seahawk fans.

It will be interesting to see how the Seahawks get around the Rooney Rule. They negotiated with Carroll and waited until he basically accepted the job to fire Mora. They still have to interview a minority candidate, but looks like Leslie Frazier is calling their bluff and not interviewing with them. Supposedly they are trying to get Ron Rivera to came in, dont know if he'd agree either with the position all but filled anyway.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
It will be interesting to see how the Seahawks get around the Rooney Rule. They negotiated with Carroll and waited until he basically accepted the job to fire Mora. They still have to interview a minority candidate, but looks like Leslie Frazier is calling their bluff and not interviewing with them. Supposedly they are trying to get Ron Rivera to came in, dont know if he'd agree either with the position all but filled anyway.

This is the one situation where the Rooney Rule is just kinda annoying. I know why its there, but come on, they fired their coach specifically so they could hire this guy. Even if they do the interview, the interview itself is just a joke.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
This is the one situation where the Rooney Rule is just kinda annoying. I know why its there, but come on, they fired their coach specifically so they could hire this guy. Even if they do the interview, the interview itself is just a joke.

Agreed. But apparently, Leslie Frazier went through with the interview. They were in hour 5 around 1:45pm.