Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Haha ok, so what evidence is there that the Saints are better than the Vikings? Its not stat wise, because the Vikings crushed them in that department tonight.. It took 5 turnovers for the Saints to win in overtime, gimme a break..

On the other hand, the Vikings turned the ball over 5 times and lost the game, making them the inferior team.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
On the other hand, the Vikings turned the ball over 5 times and lost the game, making them the inferior team.

I really don't think you can credit the Saints defense for all of the fumbles. Most of the time, it was just Minnesota playing sloppy football. The Saints may depend on turnovers to win games, but they got lucky today. I think Minnesota is a far superior team.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
The Saints may depend on turnovers to win games, but they got lucky today.

I have to agree with this as well. Noone really won that argument from earlier in this thread. I still think the Vikings are better myself, but the Saints are in the Super Bowl so it is what it is. Carl is still stubborn though. :P

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
Not when you're having a discussion about who is the better team

Obviously.

My point is that isn't the discussion a bit moot right now? Seems to me that the purpose of arguing which is the better team is to ascertain who would most likely make it to the Super Bowl, especially in the case that the two play one another.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 08:02 AM)
This has to be the worry for the Saints. I haven't seen the guy who dismantled the Pats since that game, IIRC. Wondering if he's hurting somewhere.

Even if he is hurt, he has a whole two weeks to get some rest and get ready.

I would have to imagine a lot of players from the Saints and Colts will be skipping the Pro Bowl now.

With Peyton obviously unavailable and Brady, Rivers, & Big Ben turning down invites due to injury, your 2010 AFC Pro Bowl quarterbacks are Matt Schaub, Vince Young & David Garrard. Now Schaub did have a hell of a year (and won me some $$$ in FF), but Young & Garrard as Pro Bowl QBs??? Ouch. Not like anyone watches the game anyway though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
With Peyton obviously unavailable and Brady, Rivers, & Big Ben turning down invites due to injury, your 2010 AFC Pro Bowl quarterbacks are Matt Schaub, Vince Young & David Garrard. Now Schaub did have a hell of a year (and won me some $$$ in FF), but Young & Garrard as Pro Bowl QBs??? Ouch. Not like anyone watches the game anyway though.

I'm actually feeling already like the Pro bowl is more interesting/watchable this year just because it's before the Super Bowl. Usually I just shut down on football after the Super Bowl, this year I may well tune in.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Haha ok, so what evidence is there that the Saints are better than the Vikings? Its not stat wise, because the Vikings crushed them in that department tonight.. It took 5 turnovers for the Saints to win in overtime, gimme a break..

The final score is usually plenty of evidence of what team is better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
The final score is usually plenty of evidence of what team is better.

Very true. So of course Tampa Bay >>> New Orleans. They beat them in the Superdome in a game that mattered, when the Saints weren't resting players.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
Doesnt the team that wins the head to head battle by default the better team? Thats as fair as it gets.

That and the "better team" usally is the team that doesn't "beat themselves".

...and 12 hours after the game ends...it begins.

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder that it's "highly unlikely" he'll play again.

We all know this doesn't mean that much, especially hours after a brutal NFC Championship Game loss in which he took numerous big hits. Favre put together the best statistical season of his career in 2009 and the Vikings will remain largely intact next year. He'll almost certainly get the itch to play again at some point down the line. Jan. 25 - 8:52 am et