Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
It's hard to get a rhythm when the line is already penetrated by the time he gets the ball from Cutler. Unless you'd rather he run faster into the arms of DLs. There is nothing he can do with this pathetic run blocking he's getting.

I'm agreeing. I just said that. But even when he has space, like on screens, he's dancing.

On his fumble in the redzone, sure it was his fault, but why call a sweep play on 4th and 9 inches?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God this O-Line is terrible. I know Cutler is happy he's here, but my god can we trade the rest of our picks for Denver's O-Line? Geez... Omiyale is still terrible. I know he's the better "athlete" than Shaffer, but that doesn't mean he's good. Hell Daniel Manning is a phenomenal athlete, but he's terrible at creating/getting turnovers and make some plays that makes you wanna choke him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
In the end, Jay Cutler can't over come all of the stupid penalties.

Cutler can play for my team any day. Peyton Manning would not have gotten out of that mess. I hate the loss, but I am f***ing happy that we have a qb with balls in crunch time. Bad ending, but that was fun to watch that 80 + yard drive.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
That was the only critical mistake I saw Pace make that night, and it really wasn't even that bad, you're on the road in a dome and he probably couldn't hear. I saw Pace throw pancakes like 5 times tonight.

Yea, Pace was a stud tonight. Unfortunate penalties kinda mulls some excitement from this game and from himself, but he was very good.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
I'm agreeing. I just said that. But even when he has space, like on screens, he's dancing.

On his fumble in the redzone, sure it was his fault, but why call a sweep play on 4th and 9 inches?

The dancing is about timing, Benson was doing it in '07 when he never had before. This run blocking is probably even worse.

Oh btw not to absolve Forte of guilt for fumbling, but yeah that was a brutal call for that sweep on 3rd and goal from the 1 after he just fumbled the first time. And I'm pretty sure I saw Omiyale let his guy through right to Forte, again. Get Omiyale the f*** out of there.

What Cutler has done so far this year with absolutely no o-line support and no running game is absolutely amazing. The guy has made so many huge throws and taken a beating. I can't wait to see what he does when he has time to throw the ball and has a running game to help him out.

Yea he made one bad pick (the other was a good read, bad throw) and s*** happens. Cutler once again did what was needed to help the Bears win the game and than some. The guy is a f***ing stud with ice in his veins, he just couldn't over-come all of the oline f***ups.

Real bad loss.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:39 PM)
Cutler can play for my team any day. Peyton Manning would not have gotten out of that mess. I hate the loss, but I am f***ing happy that we have a qb with balls in crunch time. Bad ending, but that was fun to watch that 80 + yard drive.

??? I'd have to check but I think Peyton Manning has more 4th quarter comebacks than any QB in NFL history.

However, Cutler has been money in every 4th quarter so far for us, to include Week 1 where the game ended in a INT because prior to Payne and Vasher blowing coverage as usual, he had given us the lead.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:43 PM)
??? I'd have to check but I think Peyton Manning has more 4th quarter comebacks than any QB in NFL history.

However, Cutler has been money in every 4th quarter so far for us, to include Week 1 where the game ended in a INT because prior to Payne and Vasher blowing coverage as usual, he had given us the lead.

I'm talking about the series of events with all the penalties. Cutler got us from 3rd and 25 to 4th and 1.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
Here Turner. We bought you a corvette. Can you explain why the cops pulled you over for 10 under the speed limit.

I've been here since 2004, and read the boards since 03. I gotta say this is one of the best analogies I've ever seen on this site. I love this post and agree completely. BTW, Forte still isn't over his hamstring issues. Probably why he looks more slower than last year. I hate losing like this, and it stings more on the birthday boy. :(

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
The dancing is about timing, Benson was doing it in '07 when he never had before. This run blocking is probably even worse.

Oh btw not to absolve Forte of guilt for fumbling, but yeah that was a brutal call for that sweep on 3rd and goal from the 1 after he just fumbled the first time. And I'm pretty sure I saw Omiyale let his guy through right to Forte, again. Get Omiyale the f*** out of there.

We need to see Beekman in there. Omilaye has been brutal.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)

He also completed like 80% of his 3rd down passes in today's game. And that was despite getting blitzed like crazy. I know he didn't convert as high of a percentage but the guy has been money when the pressure is on.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
What Cutler has done so far this year with absolutely no o-line support and no running game is absolutely amazing. The guy has made so many huge throws and taken a beating. I can't wait to see what he does when he has time to throw the ball and has a running game to help him out.

Yea he made one bad pick (the other was a good read, bad throw) and s*** happens. Cutler once again did what was needed to help the Bears win the game and than some. The guy is a f***ing stud with ice in his veins, he just couldn't over-come all of the oline f***ups.

Real bad loss.

I'd rather be a Bear fan at 3-2 with Cutler than a Bronco fan at 5-0 with Orton. Cutler is going to win us a lot of big games.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)

Lets be honest, when you can't run the ball in from inches away you have all kinds of problems with your run blocking and your rb's. It ain't on Turner.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
Lets be honest, when you can't run the ball in from inches away you have all kinds of problems with your run blocking and your rb's. It ain't on Turner.

How about this: 2 runs with Forte up the middle, and if worse comes to worse, on 3rd and 4th down, do 2 QB sneaks. If you can't gain 1/2 yard on 4 plays with a 225 pound RB and a 235 pound QB 2 times each, you don't deserve the 6 points anyway.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
On a sidenote, I want more Wolfe. When he's in the offense looks so much better, well at least the running game looks semi-existent.

agreed. It looked like Atlanta wasn't ready for Wolfe, and it showed during his limited duties.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
On a sidenote, I want more Wolfe. When he's in the offense looks so much better, well at least the running game looks semi-existent.

If he is used properly, he could be a really good asset to this team.... if he's used properly. Enough of the run up the middle high percentage of times bulls***.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)

As a person who went to a ton of NIU games when Wolfe was starting there. The key to Wolfe is to use him with Sweeps, Screens, coming out of the backfield for a pass. It was funny watching him in college. They would pitch the ball out, and he would get around the tackles and run like hell. If they ran it up the middle, he would have a hard time. I had him pegged as a Dave Meggett type player. A change up back, that could be consistently brought in on 3rd down to give them another weapon.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
As a person who went to a ton of NIU games when Wolfe was starting there. The key to Wolfe is to use him with Sweeps, Screens, coming out of the backfield for a pass. It was funny watching him in college. They would pitch the ball out, and he would get around the tackles and run like hell. If they ran it up the middle, he would have a hard time. I had him pegged as a Dave Meggett type player. A change up back, that could be consistently brought in on 3rd down to give them another weapon.

Wolfe is used so improperly by Ron Turner, although that's no surprise. He's a niche player who needs proper use and playcallling to be effective, and he just doesn't have it with the Bears. You are exactly right about his NIU use though, he never ran the ball up the middle. It was always outside or behind one of the tackles (often times it was behind Doug Free, or if they wanted to run "inside", it was between Free and the left guard).

As for tonight's game, it looks like the 2009 Bears are a similar, mediocre 9-7 type outfit as the 2008 Bears. There are some differences, bettter at QB, worse at OL, but it's just another .500 ish, "blob" NFL team that will play a lot of close games and split most of them.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
As for tonight's game, it looks like the 2009 Bears are a similar, mediocre 9-7 type outfit as the 2008 Bears. There are some differences, bettter at QB, worse at OL, but it's just another .500 ish, "blob" NFL team that will play a lot of close games and split most of them.

Bears

were in it until the end on the road against a decent Green Bay team

Beat the defending World Champions

pulled out a comeback victory in a game we should have won regardless, but it was still on the road @ Seattle

Doubled up the lions 48-24

And a forte fumble away from our winning FG drive against one of the top 10 teams in the NFL on the road.

f*** YOU

^^^^

Yes mods go ahead and suspend me

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)
He also completed like 80% of his 3rd down passes in today's game. And that was despite getting blitzed like crazy. I know he didn't convert as high of a percentage but the guy has been money when the pressure is on.

Also with no running game to speak of, that was all his arm and the WRs making clutch grabs. I would like to retract anything bad I said about the WR corps coming into this season.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
Bears

were in it until the end on the road against a decent Green Bay team

Beat the defending World Champions

pulled out a comeback victory in a game we should have won regardless, but it was still on the road @ Seattle

Doubled up the lions 48-24

And a forte fumble away from our winning FG drive against one of the top 10 teams in the NFL on the road.

f*** YOU

^^^^

Yes mods go ahead and suspend me

The Bears are also a few easy missed field goals by the opposition (something the Bears have no control over) from being 1-4. And you are really classy, btw.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:06 PM)
Also with no running game to speak of, that was all his arm and the WRs making clutch grabs. I would like to retract anything bad I said about the WR corps coming into this season.

Cutler has been great since the opener. I'd argue he was even really good tonight, despite the 2 picks.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
Not even close.

Pace literally fell over on 4th and -1, on a play that very easily would have been converted. That'a CRITICAL error. I will say that he played well the rest of the game, but you can't write off the enormity of his mistake.