Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 12:34 AM)
Pace literally fell over on 4th and -1, on a play that very easily would have been converted. That'a CRITICAL error. I will say that he played well the rest of the game, but you can't write off the enormity of his mistake.

You can't write it off but you can ridiculously exaggerate it like you just did. Pace was about the only OL that wasn't terrible, Williams was serviceable out there but got beat a couple of times.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
Bears

were in it until the end on the road against a decent Green Bay team

Beat the defending World Champions

pulled out a comeback victory in a game we should have won regardless, but it was still on the road @ Seattle

Doubled up the lions 48-24

And a forte fumble away from our winning FG drive against one of the top 10 teams in the NFL on the road.

f*** YOU

^^^^

Yes mods go ahead and suspend me

L///M///A///O///!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hell motherf***in' no. Ranger just straight went loon. LMAO. And I like Whitesoxfan101. But I'm rollin' right now. I hope RC doesn't get suspended.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
Pace literally fell over on 4th and -1, on a play that very easily would have been converted. That'a CRITICAL error. I will say that he played well the rest of the game, but you can't write off the enormity of his mistake.

You know for a fact that the Bears would have converted that 4th and 1? Oh, ok. Now I understand you're reasoning. It very easily would have been converted, because the Bears were really great at 1 yard conversions all night, especially in the red zone and in goal line situations...

Ugh, if any of you are in the 1,000,000 Bears Fans group on Facebook there is this really stupid chick in there that is always rambling about something asinine. She is particularly bad right now. It's really hard to respond to anything she says without verbally insulting her because everything she says that isn't a skin-deep fanboy comment is way off the mark.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 12:27 AM)
Ugh, if any of you are in the 1,000,000 Bears Fans group on Facebook there is this really stupid chick in there that is always rambling about something asinine. She is particularly bad right now. It's really hard to respond to anything she says without verbally insulting her because everything she says that isn't a skin-deep fanboy comment is way off the mark.

I just looked at that. Thank you. Her ramblings about Cutler being the reason the bears lost just made my night.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 02:10 AM)
I just looked at that. Thank you. Her ramblings about Cutler being the reason the bears lost just made my night.

I'm pretty sure she hates my guts. It isn't hard to figure out who I am in that group. She had developed an attachment to Orton and refused to get excited about the Cutler trade in the offseason, even a little, because he had "never done anything in Chicago." Fine if she'd admit she was wrong but she hasn't, she just doubles down and waits for him to f*** up so she can justify everything else she's said. She talks about his 2 interceptions but doesn't talk about the 2 TDs, the 300 yards, the long run, the 4th quarter drives (of which he's had in every game since being a Bear) or anything else good he's done. It's hilarious, but sometimes I wish she'd go play with firecrackers.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
The Bears are also a few easy missed field goals by the opposition (something the Bears have no control over) from being 1-4. And you are really classy, btw.

Do you read Larry Mayer's chalktalk on the Bears website? Mayer claims that one of Reed's misses were tipped, and one of Mare's was tipped.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
I'd rather be a Bear fan at 3-2 with Cutler than a Bronco fan at 5-0 with Orton. Cutler is going to win us a lot of big games.

Orton wouldn't have put a point on the board in this game last night if he had gotten the same protection and running game.

I think the Frank Omiyale(sp?) experiment at LG needs to end, on the radio it sounded he was having a horrible first half and I know he was getting no push at all in 2nd half and had 1-2 penalties. Put Beekman back out there, he isnt anything special but his production last season was definitely an upgrade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 11:50 PM)
Orton wouldn't have put a point on the board in this game last night if he had gotten the same protection and running game.

Probably, but he's shown at least that in the right system and with good protection he can actually be pretty successful in the NFL, which I didn't think would be possible.

As for the Saints vs. Vikings debate, it all comes down to the Saints D. If they can actually become a top 10 defense in the NFL, which they've been pretty close to so far, I actually think they just shade the Vikings.

Because Brees is certainly a better QB than Favre, while Peterson obviously beats Bell, Bush and Thomas.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)

Pace was the best OL all game. He made a critical error on that play, yes, but his play the rest of the game helped keep the Bears in it anyway.

I cant express how disappointed I am in Forte right now. He is a carbon copy of Anthony Thomas from rookie year to second year.

First year: explosive, solid if not spectacular, smart

Second year: tentative, fumble prone, hesitant, slow

Those two fumbles on the 1 were just totally unacceptable

The Pace f'up was bad but nowhere in the league of Ron Turner who seems unable to figure out to score from the red zone. The Earl Bennett OPI was worse.

Matt Forte looks terrible. Even when he has holes there is no explosion why there wasn't another back signed is beyond me. How this team feels they can carry just Forte and Wolfe is beyond me.

Why does the NFL treatthe Turner brothers so well? Have either accomplished anything?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 09:28 AM)
Pace was the best OL all game. He made a critical error on that play, yes, but his play the rest of the game helped keep the Bears in it anyway.

Agreed 100%. Pace and Chris Williams have been fine IMO.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 08:57 AM)
Waddle and Silvy report that KC Derrick Johnson, KC linebacker is on the block and the Bears are rumored to be hot after him... thoughts?

I loved Derrick Johnson when he was coming out in the draft. How has he done for KC? I'd be all for it, but we have like zero picks left. Can he play MLB or is he going to play at the weakside position?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
My thought is why can't we be hot after an actual offensive lineman?

In the grand scheme of things, we really only have one hole on the OL. The only issue is that some of the guys are great in pass protection (Pace, Williams) and others are only good for the run (Kreutz, Garza). We need a GOOD guard next to Pace to get the running game going on the left side.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
My thought is why can't we be hot after an actual offensive lineman?

I think the real reason is that you cant just install an O-lineman mid-season and have any success because of all of the assignments and schemes that the lineman needs to learn. You can plug someone in most positions on a football field, but QB and O-lineman are pretty difficult to "plug and play" so to speak.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
I think the real reason is that you cant just install an O-lineman mid-season and have any success because of all of the assignments and schemes that the lineman needs to learn. You can plug someone in most positions on a football field, but QB and O-lineman are pretty difficult to "plug and play" so to speak.

Which is why Beekman is our only option. That or we move Shaffer to the inside.