Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

He hasn't produced the way Kansas City hoped he would but the organization itself has done a poor job for the past few years. Some call Johnson a bust but that seems a little excessive considering the defensive line has been terrible since he arrived (besides Jared Allen.) I think a change in scenery would do him good.

Tamba Hali, Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey... those are good players.

I want Derrick Johnson bad though, always have.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 07:09 AM)
Do you read Larry Mayer's chalktalk on the Bears website? Mayer claims that one of Reed's misses were tipped, and one of Mare's was tipped.

If I worked for the Bears, I'd probably just make up stuff like that too.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 12:07 AM)
L///M///A///O///!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hell motherf***in' no. Ranger just straight went loon. LMAO. And I like Whitesoxfan101. But I'm rollin' right now. I hope RC doesn't get suspended.

Yeah RC hates me for calling out his homeristic points on a consistent basis. If he's going to swear at me though, I wish he'd have at least made a legitimate point. For all the stuff I say on here that ends up being wrong, he gets mad at me for calling a mediocre team a mediocre team. Come on RC, you can do better than that.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
Tamba Hali, Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey... those are good players.

I want Derrick Johnson bad though, always have.

Being a Chiefs fan, I might have a negative bias towards who is good. Dorsey and Jackson definately have improved this year. I heard someone say Dorsey is a draft bust, which is laughable because it's only his second year.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
Denver would be the Super Bowl favorite if Cutler still played there.

You know people are going to be saying they wouldn't be 6-0 with Cutler since he turns the ball over and all of that other BS. Kyle Orton has clearly found the absolute perfect situation to be in. Despite that, the Orton meatheads are going to be UNBEARABLE here tomorrow, which sucks.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
You know people are going to be saying they wouldn't be 6-0 with Cutler since he turns the ball over and all of that other BS. Kyle Orton has clearly found the absolute perfect situation to be in. Despite that, the Orton meatheads are going to be UNBEARABLE here tomorrow, which sucks.

I think Dan Bernstein's head might actually explode today on the radio from the Orton meatheadness....

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
That Bronco O line is sick. Killer Kyle literally sat back there for 10 seconds on a couple of plays.

Yes the football stupid will be on the radio all day.

This is really it. He has all day and nobody can get to him, which is the only time Orton is really bad. He doesn't throw a great deep ball, but when he can load up without getting hit, he's capable enough.

We all knew that Orton wasn't a terrible QB if given the perfect team. The Broncos have the perfect team for his type of abilities: a fantastic defense, all-pro receivers, and a staunch o-line.

Jay Cutler has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the Chicago Bears, a league source told NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora.

The extension, which could keep the Bears’ new franchise QB in Chicago through 2013, includes about $20 million guaranteed and roughly $30 million in new money.

Cutler came to Chicago in an offseason trade from Denver, where he became disgruntled with new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

nfl.com

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
Not unexpected. One thing you can say about Angelo, when he sees something he has that he likes, he jumps on it early so he can keep it.

Absolutely, and that's been a strategy that has really hurt him quite a bit. That doesn't apply in this case though since this move was a no brainer. If you are going to give that much up for a guy who you think is a franchise QB, you keep him around for the rest of his career.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
Absolutely, and that's been a strategy that has really hurt him quite a bit. That doesn't apply in this case though since this move was a no brainer. If you are going to give that much up for a guy who you think is a franchise QB, you keep him around for the rest of his career.

Next up: signing a real OL.