Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
Somebody should tell the OL that the object is to block the opposing team. That when you allow your QB to continue to be hit and get hands in his face, it's hard to throw and/or sustain offense.

I'm impressed with the pile of crap that Angelo put together as an offensive line.

When does JA get the blame? Honestly, it was great bringing in Cutler. But Omiyale is awful at his current position of RG, Kreutz is old, Pace is f***ing awful (I see why the Rams couldn't use him), Garza is average, and Williams isn't very good.

Ron Turner is using Olsen like he's f***ing Alge Crumpler. Hey dips***, he's 6'6 and he runs like a deer.

What about this f***ing DL? I thought Marinelli was supposed to be like the Holy Lord Savior? Harris is just as bad as last year, Ogunleye and Alex Brown have been MIA for the past 2 weeks, and we traded a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams yet he doesn't see the field except to block opposing teams' extra points.

Kevin Payne just blows a** and Bowman is getting toasted out there.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
When does JA get the blame? Honestly, it was great bringing in Cutler. But Omiyale is awful at his current position of RG, Kreutz is old, Pace is f***ing awful (I see why the Rams couldn't use him), Garza is average, and Williams isn't very good.

Ron Turner is using Olsen like he's f***ing Alge Crumpler. Hey dips***, he's 6'6 and he runs like a deer.

What about this f***ing DL? I thought Marinelli was supposed to be like the Holy Lord Savior? Harris is just as bad as last year, Ogunleye and Alex Brown have been MIA for the past 2 weeks, and we traded a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams yet he doesn't see the field except to block opposing teams' extra points.

you are giving Chris Williams way too much credit. He is the 2nd worst lineman on the team.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)

Plenty of blame for Angelo; plenty of blame for Lovie Smith: Payne and Bowman are favorites; he's coddled Harris for 2 years; his Tampa 2 has been a welcome mat for running backs going back to the Super Bowl season.

Oh - and his team looks heartless . . .

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

its weird to think that in the course of 3 years the bears have gone from having needs at no place on defense or OL, but desperate needs at QB and WR to now having needs everywhere on defense, and the OL....situation completely reversed itself....i guess the TEs have remained constant

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
Why is Cutler still out there?

Hanie should definitely be out there. No need to risk injury.

I got friends on facebook, 3 of them, that are saying we shouldn't of traded all those picks for Cutler. Sometimes I hate Chicago fans even though I am one.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)
its weird to think that in the course of 3 years the bears have gone from having needs at no place on defense or OL, but desperate needs at QB and WR to now having needs everywhere on defense, and the OL....situation completely reversed itself....i guess the TEs have remained constant

I completely agree, but is there a more overrated player than Greg Olsen? It might fall on Turner's shoulders, but he's making way less of an impact then I thought he would this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
I completely agree, but is there a more overrated player than Greg Olsen? It might fall on Turner's shoulders, but he's making way less of an impact then I thought he would this year.

I don't think Olsen has ever really been "rated" since being in the NFL. He's never done anything that worthy of praise, really.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
Packers Win!!! Bring on the Vikings at home. Very winnable game, at home and they just played the very physical Steelers.

Oh and...

Embearassing :P

What Packers team have you been watching all season? The one who beat the Browns, Rams, Lions and Bears?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
Hanie should definitely be out there. No need to risk injury.

I got friends on facebook, 3 of them, that are saying we shouldn't of traded all those picks for Cutler. Sometimes I hate Chicago fans even though I am one.

I've seen a few comments in various places on the internet to that effect, that we traded picks and got rid of a better QB in Orton etc., comments from people that don't have a clue about football outside of the W-L record and the QB's stat line. What could Orton have possibly done today? He'd have probably been sacked 8 or 9 times. And there would still be no running game.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
I've seen a few comments in various places on the internet to that effect, that we traded picks and got rid of a better QB in Orton etc., comments from people that don't have a clue about football outside of the W-L record and the QB's stat line. What could Orton have possibly done today? He'd have probably been sacked 8 or 9 times. And there would still be no running game.

The Bears would have 1 win with Orton at QB. Cutler won the Steelers and Seattle game.

We had 3 guys in the punters face. How did one of them NOT block that?