Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
I'd take Brown in Indy out producing both of them.

I'll take Beanie vs Brown on NFL production any day of the week. Of course Brown may catch more balls which is to your advantage.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
Am I the only one out there that thought Maualuga was the most impressive LB at USC? He dominated when I saw them play.

completely agree with you, I was surprised when mocks started coming out and Cushing was rated ahead of him.

Haha, another reason I love Mike Leach.

Leach on Mangini's "diva" comments about Crabtree.

Wildly entertaining Texas Tech coach Mike Leach just gave an effusive recommendation of Michael Crabtree, saying, "People don't realize the depth and commitment he has." Leach described Crabtree as "shy and reserved." In fact, he said, "There's no diva in him. He's too shy."

Leach ripped into Mangini for not doing his homework on Crabtree. Leach said he never spoke to Mangini. "Let's see how those non-divas in Cleveland do (this season)."

A couple thoughts on the draft......Vonte Davis is a stretch to be selected in the first round. I watched him alot the past two years and although he is really physically gifted he got burned plenty out there. He is gonna be more of a project then people think.

Why do they have to do the story every year on a rich white family that adopts the african american kid who goes on to be a high draft pick ? Not to sound like a jerk but they do that story seems like EVERY year.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 08:08 PM)
f***ing Bears... I have waited anxiously for 4 and a half hours for the 49th pick and now they trade it to the Hawks.

lol my thoughts exactly... I'm not exactly opposed to trading out of the pick, but damn, I want a WR drafted.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
f***ing Bears... I have waited anxiously for 4 and a half hours for the 49th pick and now they trade it to the Hawks.

Exactly how I feel... So anti-climatic.

I had an inkling they would do something like this, but it still pisses me off that I've watched the draft all day and I won't even get to see the Bears pick until tomorrow.

I really wish the 3rd round was still on Day 1. I'd still have something to look forward to tonight.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
Exactly how I feel... So anti-climatic.

I had an inkling they would do something like this, but it still pisses me off that I've watched the draft all day and I won't even get to see the Bears pick until tomorrow.

I really wish the 3rd round was still on Day 1. I'd still have something to look forward to tonight.

Our draft was a month ago. I am completely content.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
Angelo's finally figuring out.

Let other franchises waste money on 1st and 2nd round busts and draft cheaper, lower round diamonds in the rough.

I love what Belichick does... he will pay 1st round talent if he really likes them.. otherwise he will continue to trade down until he gets value.

He accumulates picks for drafts that he thinks are full of talent... from his actions today, he must not like what he sees on the draft board.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Our draft was a month ago. I am completely content.

Yeah, I didn't say I was angry with the trade itself - just the fact that I won't get to see us pick anyone today. The NFL Draft is one of my favorite days of the year, and it's just a little disappointing (b/c of how much I love the draft and how long I've been waiting for this day) having to wait another whole day to see us pick.

Edited by dasox24