Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
I think the bigger debate with the whole coaching debate is the candidates that will be available this off-season. It's a HOF class to chose from. It's always been the Bears M.O. to not spend a ton of money on a coach,instead just promote a coordinator, but I would hope that would change.

You probably are more in sync with the media than I am about this, but I heard Shanahan's name mentioned as the likely candidate a lot lately.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
I think the bigger debate with the whole coaching debate is the candidates that will be available this off-season. It's a HOF class to chose from. It's always been the Bears M.O. to not spend a ton of money on a coach,instead just promote a coordinator, but I would hope that would change.

unfortunately i think the only thing less likely than the bears firing lovie and paying out the remaining 2 years and 5 mil per, is firing lovie and paying out the 2 years at 5 mil while hiring a high profile, expensive HOF type head coach like cowher, shanahan or holmgren

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
I think it's just people putting two and two together, and seeing if it sticks.

Even though the Bears seemed to change philosophy with the Cutler trade, it's still The Bears. They would still have to pay Lovie a ton after the let him go, and it's going to take a lot to get someone like Shanahan to come to this mess.

Again, not the Bears M.O.

Would he rather go to Washington? At least the Bears have his QB.

But no, it would be more Bears like to wait until the end of next season, when no coaches are available, then fire Lovie.

I find it utterly hilarious that your covering Fitz one on one. I love Peanut, he's a fine corner, but asking him to cover one of (IMO he is though) the best WR in the game is utterly stupid. He's basically beating us alone. It's like saying let's not pitch to Ludwick or Ankiel and just pitch to Pujols and see if he can still be great and beat us (I excluded Holliday cuz Boldin is injured)

What makes this even more bitter for me is the way the Bears continue to thumb their noses at making additions in the season that would actually make a little bit of a difference. No, guys like Derrick Brooks and Zach Thomas werent going to make this season memorable and a Superbowl season, but come on, Tim Shah and Derrick McClover. And you have Nick Roach in the middle not knowing where he is supposed to be, yet he is supposed to be telling everyone else where to be?