Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
I think actually most do. I think people jumping to his side is seeing how poor of a crappy team we have around him. Its sad to waste this talent on this crap. And is also a reaction to being hit with morons calling the radio station since the beginning of the season lamenting the all powerful Kyle "Where is my Beer" Orton. Like we would be superbowl bound if that guy was still around. Cutler is probably putting the entire thing on his back and trying to make it happen. He sees the crap we have on this team. A little more time with the line, and maybe a receiver or two that knows how to complete a route and I think things look better.

Right on.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading that second rounder for Gaines Adams might really be a make or break for Jerry Angelo. I'd feel alot better with this team and it's holes from the draft, if we actually had a second round pick. Not saying Jerry won't be trading to possibly obtain something.. but as of right now picking in the third round still isn't quite the same.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
No. That's just the point. It doesn't "all" fall on Cutler. But for some folks, none of it falls on Cutler.

I GET that Cutler has talent. I GET that he's way down the list of problems. Turner is a dope. Angelo built the worst offensive line in the league. Forte looks slow. And the receivers are inexperienced and not so good. I don't even like Kyle Orton, unlike some wackos who make it all about him. What I'm pointing out is something different -- a very weird excuse-everything-Cutler-does mentality that has started to creep into these discussions about the Bears. He's the quarterback, and he's turned it over a lot. And some of those -- yes -- are his fault. His fault.

Yep.

You never appreciate the level of stupidity that is out in the common person until you listen to sports radio. My god. People calling up.

YEAH, WHY DEY GOT DIS CUTLER GUY. WE GAVE UP A WINNER IN KYLE ORTON. CUTLER NEVER ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING LIKE KYLE ORTON. KYLE ORTON IS A WINNER.

Suicide.gif

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
No. That's just the point. It doesn't "all" fall on Cutler. But for some folks, none of it falls on Cutler.

I GET that Cutler has talent. I GET that he's way down the list of problems. Turner is a dope. Angelo built the worst offensive line in the league. Forte looks slow. And the receivers are inexperienced and not so good. I don't even like Kyle Orton, unlike some wackos who make it all about him. What I'm pointing out is something different -- a very weird excuse-everything-Cutler-does mentality that has started to creep into these discussions about the Bears. He's the quarterback, and he's turned it over a lot. And some of those -- yes -- are his fault. His fault.

+1

When you lead the NFL in INTs,call me crazy but at some point you GOT to blame the QB for bad decision making.

When everyone was tearing Rex a new ahole for throwing picks,he also was playing behind subpar O lines and his reciever weren't TO or Randy Moss.

I love Cutler and I see he is supertalented but his mechanics are awful and he missed some easy passes.

Turner needs to man up and resign.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 12:40 AM)
+1

When you lead the NFL in INTs,call me crazy but at some point you GOT to blame the QB for bad decision making.

When everyone was tearing Rex a new ahole for throwing picks,he also was playing behind subpar O lines and his reciever weren't TO or Randy Moss.

I love Cutler and I see he is supertalented but his mechanics are awful and he missed some easy passes.

Turner needs to man up and resign.

Rex's offensive line was vastly superior to this offensive line. It isn't even remortely close. The Bears were also really good at running the ball which obviously opens up the field a lot more for the passing games. And say what you want about Mushin Muhammad and Berrian but those guys are a much better receiving combo than anything Cutler has to work with. Those guys at least could run proper routes and had some size to help out Grossman on bad throws.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:45 PM)
Rex's offensive line was vastly superior to this offensive line. It isn't even remortely close. The Bears were also really good at running the ball which obviously opens up the field a lot more for the passing games. And say what you want about Mushin Muhammad and Berrian but those guys are a much better receiving combo than anything Cutler has to work with. Those guys at least could run proper routes and had some size to help out Grossman on bad throws.

I wouldn't go so far as saying that those O lines were vastly superior other than the 06/07 O line,granted he did have better recievers and rbs.

I believe Cutler is the best QB we've had in decades but part of the problem is that he forces plays where there isn't a play to be made,it's ok to settle for FGs and not put our D in a bad starting position.

Yeah,this team overall sucks and Cutler is a stud but he needs to stop making boneheaded decisions.

Jay Cutler's basically become the new Tony Romo of 07-08 in terms of trying to force things and turn things over some people would say.

I know he's trying to carry the team on his back, but as today's game showed, sometimes it's better playing things safe and not turning the ball over.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)

I would say about half the turnovers are his fault. Hester, Bennett, and Knox probably have 2 plays each where they just didn't finish their route for one reason or another. All of this falls in Cutler's stat column.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
I wouldn't go so far as saying that those O lines were vastly superior other than the 06/07 O line,granted he did have better recievers and rbs.

They were. Easily. They started falling apart in '07. Fred Miller could still block in '06 mostly. The '05 line (same as the '06 line) was really good. This one is the worst I've ever seen as a Bear.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 01:33 AM)
I don't even want to go to the game next week against the Eagles. McNabb and his receivers are gonna light our secondary up all day. I can't support this team.

I hear ya on that. Just thinking about the blitz packages the Eagles love to bring too, that game could get ugly on both sides of the ball

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
Trading that second rounder for Gaines Adams might really be a make or break for Jerry Angelo. I'd feel alot better with this team and it's holes from the draft, if we actually had a second round pick. Not saying Jerry won't be trading to possibly obtain something.. but as of right now picking in the third round still isn't quite the same.

Has Gaines Adams even played yet?? I havent heard his name once during the last two games

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 07:45 AM)
My tickets are going straight on eBay.

Ill take em.

The are painful to watch, I think everyone knew that last night was going to be an ugly loss, we just didnt know how. I was at potbellys right before the game and there were several other bears fans and everyone had a look of concern on their faces. Alot different from the excitement several weeks ago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)
Ill take em.

The are painful to watch, I think everyone knew that last night was going to be an ugly loss, we just didnt know how. I was at potbellys right before the game and there were several other bears fans and everyone had a look of concern on their faces. Alot different from the excitement several weeks ago.

Maybe everyone was just unsure what they were going to order.

Let me add that it would be nice if someone on the Bears could actually break a tackle. It seems that a good number of guys simply fall down. The receievers go down on the first hint of contact.

I think the Kiddie Land Camp Lovie is finally catching up to this team as they are as fundamentally bad as a team could be.

RB screens work because the D-Line gets into the backfield on all plays anywasy so they do not sense a screen when the O-Line simply let's them in.

Lovie Smith could have the worst collection of assistant coaches ever and it shows in how lackluster this team performs. Players leave the Bears and become servicable on other teams while they look like dogs*** with the Bears.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 08:13 AM)
Has Gaines Adams even played yet?? I havent heard his name once during the last two games

I've been meaning to ask about this. I was in mexico when the trade was announced and that's the last i've heard of him. What's going on?

Chad Johnson... excuse me.... Chad Ochocinco fined $20K by NFL

Chad Ochocinco has been fined $20,000 by the NFL for flashing a dollar bill at an official during a replay challenge -- a joking attempt at a "bribe" -- in last week's Bengals-Ravens game, team and league sources tell ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

The NFL also cited the Bengals wide receiver's use of the word "bribe" in his postgame comments to reporters.

In the third quarter of last Sunday's 17-7 Bengals victory, Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer completed a 15-yard pass to Ochocinco. Baltimore challenged the call, contending that he was out of bounds, and the Ravens won the challenge.

While the play was under review, Ochocinco held a $1 bill at this side. The official appeared to dismiss him.

"I was just being me," Ochocinco told the NFL Network after the game. "I wasn't going to do it for real."