Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 12:18 AM)
If some of these top underclassmen come out like Bradford, McCoy, etc, this could be one of the best drafts in history.

Every underclassmen that's eligible will go pro this year with the rookie salary restrictions coming into place after next season.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
Seriously we have TE's blocking Jared Allen?

Pace sucks, but Allen doesn't get a sack til 76 leaves the game. Odd

P.S. His little sack celebration is super ghey

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Vince Young leads a 99 yard drive with no time left on the clock to beat the Cardinals 20-17. He had 387 yards passing. The Titans have one 5 in a row.

Chris Johnson is the man.

If the Bucs can get Suh, Benn, and a FS like a Nate Allen from USF, they'll be in business.

In the mean time, the Bears have no picks to get younger/better and they don't spend money on other teams' FA's to get younger/better. We're about to turn into the Bucs.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
Time to get Jarron Gilbert some playing time.

Also when does Gaines Adams report to the Bears?

Not until the Bucs actually use the 2nd round pick does he become an official part of the roster.

Thats what I keep telling myself

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
Vince Young leads a 99 yard drive with no time left on the clock to beat the Cardinals 20-17. He had 387 yards passing. The Titans have one 5 in a row.

That team is a playoff smoky for sure right now.

My man Kenny Britt out of Rutgers had 7 receptions includin the game winning catch today, and all of a sudden, Young was able to get the ball to his WR's.

Not sure if they'll make a wildcard spot, but I don't think any AFC team would look forward to playing them in the playoffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
I almost felt sorry for Orlando Pace today. Then I remembered how much money he gets paid.

Speaking of this..

Does anyone else not feel sorry for Michael Oher at all?

I hear so many people saying Blind Side was so great and they cried or whatever.. dude was a first round pick, is in the NFL, and is a millionaire.. I don't really feel sorry that he never had a bed of his own as a kid..

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Speaking of this..

I hear so many people saying Blind Side was so great and they cried or whatever.. dude was a first round pick, is in the NFL, and is a millionaire.. I don't really feel sorry that he never had a bed of his own as a kid..

It's a good story, but no one should currently feel sorry for him. I don't think anyone is still saying "poor kid."

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
Time to get Jarron Gilbert some playing time.

Also when does Gaines Adams report to the Bears?

Hopefully we do see that as Jim Miller was saying. I want to see if the Bears have some sort of future now. The Gilberts, Iglasias, Moores, etc.. all need to play and I wanna see Chris Williams move back to his original position (aka the area he was drafted at) of LT. Hell even freaking Omiyale who is a natural RT I believe to see if he sucks less. We need to see these guys on the field more.

BTW I dunno what it is about Vince Young, but that guy keeps winning games when he's at QB. Titans went from 0-6 to now I believe 5-6. Bears could take lessons sometime.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
If the Bucs can get Suh, Benn, and a FS like a Nate Allen from USF, they'll be in business.

In the mean time, the Bears have no picks to get younger/better and they don't spend money on other teams' FA's to get younger/better. We're about to turn into the Bucs.

I'd love to get Suh or another DT like McCoy or Cody.

The Bucs never could get over not having 1st and 2nd round picks when they acquired Gruden. Not having those picks helped the Bucs get the proper depth to compete in the NFL. Add that with players who got old really fast and you've got a team who has lost 14 of 15 games dating back to last year.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Speaking of this..

He doesnt want you to feel sorry for him either. He wants zero attention. with that said, the book is fantastic.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 06:57 PM)

Arrelius Benn is going to be taken too high in this draft imo. He is not a first round talent to me, maybe a second round talent. Maybe I'm saying this because he had a below average QB in college but I was never impressed.

Bucs should get some good talent though, Freeman continues to impress me and they are not too far off compared to the other 1-10 and 2-9 teams from competing next year.

Oh, and not that I expect this to last with Harris and Kamp out, but GB will have the #1 ranked DEF after tonight. I'd love for them to give Justin Miller a shot at CB/KR though, still are hurt at DB depth wise.

Not to jump the boat but the most immediate needs for next season are OL and DB, another DL and LB would be nice as well. I wouldn't be opposed to a Jonathan Dwyer or Spiller also. Bit of pipedream as both of their stocks should rise come the combine.