Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

Today is "poke Keith with a stick day" at work. Everybody knows that I'm pissed off about the Bears on Mondays even though I didn't watch the game since I knew they were going to lose by at least 3 TDs going in but they all stop by my desk and ask "so how bout those Bears" or "what's up with your boy Cutler" or something to that effect. They are clearly trying to get a rise out of me but I just don't feel up to giving them the "show".

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
Arrelius Benn is going to be taken too high in this draft imo. He is not a first round talent to me, maybe a second round talent. Maybe I'm saying this because he had a below average QB in college but I was never impressed.

I feel like he's going to be 10 times better in the NFL than he was in college. He simply had nobody to throw him the ball this season and his OC went from pass first to run first. I think he'll slide a bit because of his numbers, but its hard to ignore his size and speed.

Benn might end up staying in college from what I'm hearing in hopes of having a QB and an OC who want to get him the ball instead of run the ball on every down. Their offensive coordinator wasted the talent on offense by wanting to run the ball more. He was better off going 5 wide because the Illini had stud WR's/TE's. Honestly, they could've started the game with a RB in the backfield, have Fayson, Benn, Cumberland and Ford out wide. Instead, like Fiedorowicz stated, they chose not to utilize even half of their talent.

Michael Oher's story was a great one. I loved the movie. It's hard not to feel sorry for him. I'm glad a family out there supported him when his only family wouldn't. I wonder what happened to his brothers and stuff like that.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
Today is "poke Keith with a stick day" at work. Everybody knows that I'm pissed off about the Bears on Mondays even though I didn't watch the game since I knew they were going to lose by at least 3 TDs going in but they all stop by my desk and ask "so how bout those Bears" or "what's up with your boy Cutler" or something to that effect. They are clearly trying to get a rise out of me but I just don't feel up to giving them the "show".

Aren't these guys who are Washington Redskins fans mostly? They have got zero room to talk s*** about anyone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Aren't these guys who are Washington Redskins fans mostly? They have got zero room to talk s*** about anyone.

No they are mostly ex-military so they're from all over the place. The other Bears fan here is like the polar opposite of the kind of fan I am.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
I feel like he's going to be 10 times better in the NFL than he was in college. He simply had nobody to throw him the ball this season and his OC went from pass first to run first. I think he'll slide a bit because of his numbers, but its hard to ignore his size and speed.

Right, that is one reason why I don't really like him. Because he didn't have a QB to throw him the ball it seems hard to judge what type of talent your going to get.

We know the size and speed are there but it is hard to project him.

I'm sure everyone was watching, but the CFL Grey Cup had a crazy ending. Montreal, down 2, missed a 43-yard field goal at the end of the game. But Saskatchewan had too many players on the field, so Montreal got to try again and made a 33-yarder to win it all. I can't imagine if a Super Bowl were to end that way, the media bashing would be crazy

Urlacher officially not a fan of Cutler and Bears offense.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/11/ur...way_our_id.html

I think Brian needs to shut his trap. The reason why the Bears have only one Super Bowl is because of the old identity. Well eventually, you meet a team that you won't run down or wear down enough and actual talent and coaching takes over. Bears haven't had that in awhile.

Bears need Mike Martz on offense, and just overall, better players.

Urlacher should watch when Turner calls his run plays. First off, they are predictable. Second, the OL cannot block, so the opposing D line streams in and nails Forte in the backfield. I dont care what you think or say, if they ran the ball more they would of scored less than they have this year, if thats even possible.

Someone should show Urlacher those back to back stuffs on the 1 yard line when Forte fumbled twice, then ask him to reiterate his thoughts.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
Hopefully we do see that as Jim Miller was saying. I want to see if the Bears have some sort of future now. The Gilberts, Iglasias, Moores, etc.. all need to play and I wanna see Chris Williams move back to his original position (aka the area he was drafted at) of LT. Hell even freaking Omiyale who is a natural RT I believe to see if he sucks less. We need to see these guys on the field more.

BTW I dunno what it is about Vince Young, but that guy keeps winning games when he's at QB. Titans went from 0-6 to now I believe 5-6. Bears could take lessons sometime.

Right now, there is no pressure on Vince Young. The season was "over" when they put him in to replace Collins. I am a big VY fan as I saw his whole career while I was in Austin, but lets wait and see before we anoint him a "good to great" quarterback. Lets see when the games mean more than going from 0 wins to 5 wins in a lost season.

So I saw that Mike McKenzie got picked off the street and played really well for the Saints against Brady and the Pats offense.

I also thought that the Bears needed some god damn help in the secondary.

I also knew that Nick Roach sucked at being a line backer and that anybody off the scrap heap could have been better.

I guess Bears management didn't know any of this before they signed Cato June when the team is now out of playoff contention. Way to stay on top of the game.

Bills management believes that Ryan Fitzpatrick has a stronger arm than Trent Edwards, and that may have led to Dick Jauron being fired.

The biggest knock on Ryan Fitzpatrick, his entire career, has generally been his lack of arm strength, and was a huge reason why the Bengals were terrible last year.

#1 - Rotator cuff surgery doesn't ruin just baseball careers - it ruins football careers too.

#2 - How f***ing bad are the Bills that Ryan Fitzpatrick has the strongest arm of any QB on the roster?

#3 - How good could the Bills be if they had an actual QB?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
So I saw that Mike McKenzie got picked off the street and played really well for the Saints against Brady and the Pats offense.

I also thought that the Bears needed some god damn help in the secondary.

I also knew that Nick Roach sucked at being a line backer and that anybody off the scrap heap could have been better.

I guess Bears management didn't know any of this before they signed Cato June when the team is now out of playoff contention. Way to stay on top of the game.

I agree about the June signing. You lose one starting LB in the 1st game, another starting LB for the first few games, then for the season, and you wait until now to sign another LB? They probably could have used him about seven games ago. I'd rather just find some young guy, undrafted free agent or something, let him play, maybe you find a keeper for the future. This season is over anyway.

The Saints also signed Chris McAllister a few weeks ago who was a FA too

Greg Williams is as good a DC as there is hence he can fit players into a system rather easily. Lovie likes to look at the scoreboard. The Bears seem to do no in game coaching.....except for Pep he seems to be talking about something although it does nto help. Have you ever seen a coach talking to players on the Bears sideline?

This team looks woefully unpreapred every game. The latest straw being Adams not reporting eligible. Shouldn't a coach be screaming this from the sideline???????

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
Angelo should be fired as well if Lovie is fired.

Cutler trade aside, his track record in free agency has been spotty at best.

The problem is that Lovie costs a lot to fire. Lovie and Angelo is way too much, Angelo just recieved a 2 year extension.

Heh

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Disgruntled Oakland Raiders fans are making a high-profile plea for owner Al Davis to step down as the team's general manager.

A billboard was posted on the freeway near the Oakland Coliseum this week, saying "MR. DAVIS, DO THE RIGHT THING, PLEASE HIRE A GM."

The group that put up the billboard says it has gathered 21,000 signatures for a petition asking Davis to step down as general manager. The petition also calls on Davis to hire a new GM, hire a Super Bowl-caliber coach and "agree to refrain from intervention in personnel or football operational matters."

The Raiders (3-8) have won three Super Bowls under Davis' leadership but appear headed to a seventh straight losing season. Oakland's 27-80 record since the start of the 2003 season is the worst in the NFL.