Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
I am fairly sure Trent Green just said the Bears have been "in" every game this year. I was just walking into the room, so I just barely heard it and may of misheard, but thats what it sounded like.

He was talking about the mighty Rams.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)
I have never seen a team more afraid of the last 2 minutes of the half than the Bears. For the entire time Lovie has been the coach, after the 2 minute warning its basically time to run the clock out, regardless of situation or score

thats Lubby footbal - p****ball. Play it safe, and lose games.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
Well Romo came to play...Witten came to play...Hell, EVEN Roy Williams came to play. Nick Folk needs to go, as well as Wade Phillips.

What scares me is that the Cowboys were 8-4 at this same point last year. f***.

We basically lost that game in the 4 min period at the end of the 2nd Q.

Defensively, we just gave up those big plays and it killed us.

We've got the Chargers and Saints next, so we could easily be 8-6.

Gotta love being a Cowboys fan in December.

The Bears coaches played scared yesterday. Against a truly pathetic team, we got a small lead and then played it safe the rest of the way. Winning teams don't "play it safe". They go for the throat. They go out and score as many points as possible (within reason). "Good enough" is a losers mentality.

All the "Ambassador Tony Dungy" stuff was annoying me for awhile. Is it possible he was a tad overrated as a coach? 12-0 under Caldwell.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dungy's record as a coach speaks for itself, but can we stop looking at him for answers to everything in the NFL.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)
All the "Ambassador Tony Dungy" stuff was annoying me for awhile. Is it possible he was a tad overrated as a coach? 12-0 under Caldwell.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dungy's record as a coach speaks for itself, but can we stop looking at him for answers to everything in the NFL.

Its funny how having one of the all-time greats on your team can make a coach look great, right Phil Jackson?

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 10:33 AM)

The way I look at it is Tony Dungy is a defensive minded coach, that defense was never that good in Indy... it had its ups and downs but especially for having 2 of the better pass rushers in the league and having an offense that almost forced the other team to pass if you could make a stop or two, not impressed. Not to say he is a bad coach, he had a lot of successful years in Tampa if I remember right with a pretty poor offense.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
The way I look at it is Tony Dungy is a defensive minded coach, that defense was never that good in Indy... it had its ups and downs but especially for having 2 of the better pass rushers in the league and having an offense that almost forced the other team to pass if you could make a stop or two, not impressed. Not to say he is a bad coach, he had a lot of successful years in Tampa if I remember right with a pretty poor offense.

Exactly. I've always thought Dungy was overrated as a coach, and I don't want him anywhere near the Bears should Lovie get fired.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
Its funny how having one of the all-time greats on your team can make a coach look great, right Phil Jackson?

A Michael Jordan or a Peyton Manning can definitely do that to people. Hell Peyton right now is 12-0 with a new head coach. He is just an amazing, HOF quarterback.

It's about time...

NFL To Fine Players For Getting Concussions

NEW YORK—NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced a stricter league concussion policy at a press conference Sunday, finalizing a provision that would automatically charge a fine of $10,000 to any player who suffers a concussion. "Concussions have become a serious problem in the lives of current and former NFL players, and the only way to nip this thing in the bud is to make the players accountable," Goodell said. "Ten thousand dollars for the first concussion, $30,000 for the second, and $70,000 for the third. Hopefully these fines will make our players think twice before they have their brains jostled against the insides of their skulls." Goodell later added that the league is also considering harsher punishments for more serious injury-related behavior, saying that players who sever their spinal cords would face indefinite suspension and, in most cases, be stripped of their pensions.

Link

Bears-Blackhawks ads sacked by NFL

It was to have been a first -- the first time teams from the National Football League and the National Hockey League had come together in a joint marketing effort. But the NFL has refused to green-light a joint venture between the Bears and Blackhawks that was originally scheduled to debut in late October.

A Bears spokesman conceded that the planned ad campaign featuring star players from the Bears and Blackhawks bantering in each of several 15-second commercials has been canceled, even though the TV spots were finished and ready to air as long ago as mid-October.

At the time the TV ad campaign was conceived of and shot, Bears management apparently believed it fell within the parameters of marketing efforts the NFL will allow. But Bears management subsequently discovered otherwise.

Several months ago, the resurgent Blackhawks had eagerly pushed for the joint ad campaign because the team hoped some of Chicago sports fans' love for the Bears would brush off on the hockey team and enhance its rapidly growing popularity.

Now that the Bears have performed so poorly this season, Blackhawks management may be more relieved than disappointed that the ad campaign is kaput.

Did Bryant McKinnie's 'tell' lead to the Vikings blowout loss?

Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie was evidently tipping his team's play selection on Sunday night against the Arizona Cardinals, according to NFL analyst Tony Boselli, who mentioned it on Westwood One's radio broadcast of the game.

Dan Patrick recounted Boselli's observation on his radio show earlier in the week (quote courtesy Vikings Now):

"Boselli points out that (left tackle) Bryant McKinnie of the Vikings, he said that the Cardinals know when they're going to pass because of his leg. He would have one of his legs back a little bit further. ... He said they know what's going to happen because they're looking at his feet and they can tell when it's a run and when it's a pass."

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
The Steelers offense should be ashamed of their performance tonight.

It's not just tonight. As I said 3 weeks ago, this team is just not good. The coaching is non-existant. Special teams is terrible, the offense is horrendously called. Tomlin is just a figurehead, and even Lebeau's defense is shaky. Thank God for the defense last year. Polomalu following in Bob Sanders role every season doesn't help either.

Quote from Tomlin about last night, "I like the fight in the group"

Are you kidding me? :nono

Edited by Palehosefan