Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
I'm a huge Bears fan, but please stop blaming the refs. Refs are inconsistently bad throughout the league and the Bears are simply not a good team.

I don't think anyone is blaming the refs for the Bears performance. They've both been terrible.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
I'm a huge Bears fan, but please stop blaming the refs. Refs are inconsistently bad throughout the league and the Bears are simply not a good team.

The Bears totally earned this L, but that doesnt change the fact that Mike Carey is consistently incompetent. Whatever game he refs

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
another bears loss, not even upset, i expect this

I'm still very much behind Jay Cutler, having said that (sorry larry david) I cannot defend that second interception. He eyeballed Knox the entire time, and there was absolutely no reason to throw the ball in that situation, it wasn't even a good defensive play. . . Jay threw the ball directly to Collins and Knox wasn't even in the vicinity.

I believe that Jay has the ability to be one of the best quarterbacks in the league. . . but he is far from a finished product and may have been a little spoiled in Denver with that offensive line and those receivers. He needs to stop making the kind of decisions that cost the team points and victories.

In addition to firing Ron Turner, I hope they fire Pep Hamilton as well. I don't know what role he plays as the QB coach, but he has failed to develop any player under his tutelage and I'd like to have someone spend time with Jay who can get into his head a little bit more.

What a disappointing season.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
I'm still very much behind Jay Cutler, having said that (sorry larry david) I cannot defend that second interception. He eyeballed Knox the entire time, and there was absolutely no reason to throw the ball in that situation, it wasn't even a good defensive play. . . Jay threw the ball directly to Collins and Knox wasn't even in the vicinity.

I believe that Jay has the ability to be one of the best quarterbacks in the league. . . but he is far from a finished product and may have been a little spoiled in Denver with that offensive line and those receivers. He needs to stop making the kind of decisions that cost the team points and victories.

In addition to firing Ron Turner, I hope they fire Pep Hamilton as well. I don't know what role he plays as the QB coach, but he has failed to develop any player under his tutelage and I'd like to have someone spend time with Jay who can get into his head a little bit more.

What a disappointing season.

Billick was saying during the game that you just dont know if that is on Cutler or if it is on Knox for running the incorrect route in that situation. We wont ever know unless they come out and say it, but it doesnt matter it goes on Cutlers record

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Billick was saying during the game that you just dont know if that is on Cutler or if it is on Knox for running the incorrect route in that situation. We wont ever know unless they come out and say it, but it doesnt matter it goes on Cutlers record

Understood. Still, I can't imagine any situation where Knox would have been able to make a play on that ball. He was already behind Collins and the pass was thrown on a line in Knox's direction, so it wasn't as if he was trying to lift the ball over the head of Collins. Even if Knox ran the wrong route, he wasn't in any position to catch the ball. Jay only looked to Knox on that play and should have seen Collins sitting on that route. The bottom line is that Jay has to throw that ball away.

I'd really like to see the Bears bring in a teacher for Cutler who can get through to him and help him max out on his potential.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 06:11 PM)
Understood. Still, I can't imagine any situation where Knox would have been able to make a play on that ball. He was already behind Collins and the pass was thrown on a line in Knox's direction, so it wasn't as if he was trying to lift the ball over the head of Collins. Even if Knox ran the wrong route, he wasn't in any position to catch the ball. Jay only looked to Knox on that play and should have seen Collins sitting on that route. The bottom line is that Jay has to throw that ball away.

I'd really like to see the Bears bring in a teacher for Cutler who can get through to him and help him max out on his potential.

Well if it was an In and Knox stayed in front of Collins than he would have been in position to make a play. It looked as if Cutler was thinking In and Knox was thinking Go Deep. The entire game Cutler was throwing to the back shoulder on the line.

Like I said, unless Knox fesses up or Jay says something, it goes as a poorly thrown ball by Jay.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
It's December & the Cowboys lose another game they should of won. In other news, tomorrow is Monday.

Between the Cowboys & the Bulls, right now is a s***ty time to be a fan.

Yep not a shock, it is December after all.

Nick Folk is done as our kicker, Buehler should take over this week.

As for Wade Phillips, well his job is probably hanging by a thread right now. Doesn't get any easier with a trip to play the Saints next w/e.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
Like I said, unless Knox fesses up or Jay says something, it goes as a poorly thrown ball by Jay.

And even then it won't matter cause 2 weeks from now, when people are back to blaming JC for the s*** season, they will forget why some of the INT's happened and just look at the (horrible looking) numbers.

I compare it to a .240 hitter who hits the s*** out of the ball but right at people. Looks bad on paper, but there is more to it than just the raw numbers.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
Yep not a shock, it is December after all.

Nick Folk is done as our kicker, Buehler should take over this week.

As for Wade Phillips, well his job is probably hanging by a thread right now. Doesn't get any easier with a trip to play the Saints next w/e.

The NFL sure didn't do the Cowboys any favors with this schedule. These last four games will pry be Phillips' last as coach. IMO, I think he will have to at least win a playoff game in order to keep his job.