Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
It really says something about the O Line and play calling when a QB like Cutler can be made to look like Grossman when he used to look like Elway.

That's a little far fetched.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
Lovie coming back should help with the formula for instant success.

Apperenly when Angelo was asked today about Lovie returning next year, he was much less definate than before about lovie. In the past he has said "he is our coach and he will be back next year." today he said all coaches will be evaluated at the end of the season.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
I was thinking that it is possible for teams to turn it around in one off season. It has been done, but probably not without 1st and 2nd round picks.

Spend FA money on the O-line, get Urlacher back, try to add a DB in FA, let the WR and Cutler develop, and it's possible. The key is the O-line.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
I smell Cowler to the Bears.

G W Cowler Precision Engineers Ltd. is a family run business which was established in 1982 by Geoff Cowler.

G.W. Cowler Precision Engineers Ltd We produce quality CNC machined components to a variety of industries including aerospace, telecoms, broadcasting and pharmaceutical companies to name a few.

We understand today's markets are never standing still and it is our aim to adapt and respond to our customers needs whenever the need arises.

I must conclude that's who you're referring to, correct?

Bears deny report Smith is returning

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news...e=ESPNHeadlines

The Bears owe Smith $11 million for the next two seasons. Angelo said the remainder of Smith's contract will have no impact on decisions the team makes.

"It's not about money, it's about doing what we feel we need to do to be a better football team," Angelo said.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
503 yards passing from Ben today. :notworthy

Got lucky as hell. I hate the Steelers, can't wait till Baltimore beats them next week, tired of seeing them in the playoffs.

Granted Green Bay's defense played awful, Jarret Bush has to be the worst corner in the NFL.

Another Crosby missed FG proved costly.

Green Bay better beat the Seahawks next week, that should clinch it. I'll be at Lambeau next week for it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
2 Cutler INTs, 1 in the red zone, got lucky with a missed Balt FG, only Bear TD is a punt return.

I'm about to stop defending Cutler. He seems lazy on his throws. Rarely steps into it.

That's blasphemy with some posters here

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
I gotta say.. if this is true from Jerry, then it gives most of us Bear fans some optimism.

The problem is Angelo knows once he gets rid of Lovie, he's next and with no picks in the first 2 rounds next year, the 2010 season isn't looking too promising right now. Change coaches and still suck, JA is looking for work. Keep Lovie another year, let him be the scapegoat next year, then he may have high picks and look like a genius, and get an extension.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
Age  Att    Com Pct  Yds  TD  Int
24  	297  	467  	63.6  3497  20  	14
25 	384 	616 	62.3 	4526  25 	18

24  	214  	380  	56.3  2598  18  	15 
25 	327 	605 	54.0 	3891  22 	23

Hardly.

Super Bowls:

Elway 2

Cutler 0