Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
The play previous to the fumble, a holding call went against the packers but Bertrand Berry led with the helmet and hit Rodgers square under the jaw. Im no Packer fan but it was a H2H hit

Oh. Thought they said it was on the last play of the game.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 07:50 AM)
29-33, 379 yds, 5 TDs, 0 INTs, 154.1 QB Rating More touchdowns than incompletions. Wow. I know the Superdome will be rocking Saturday, but how do you stop that??? I guess thats why the over under is already set at 57

Anytime Warner has a game like that, he follows it up with misery.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
Aaron Rodgers got face masked too on the last play.

The last play looked clean to me.

Even if you have to punt, I had 0 confidence in the defense stopping Arizona.

Even though Green Bay turned the ball over 3 times that game, it is really hard to look past how bad are defense was. I was sick of seeing Warner attack the middle of the field on us time after time and we did nothing to try and stop it.

Can't complain, made the playoffs and with a couple additions through draft and resigning key players I don't see why GB can't go back to the playoffs.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
I think GB can be a force next year with a few additions to the defense. You can't count on 2 guys to do it all.

First they need to bring back Pickett, Jolly, Collins and Bigby, I doubt they get all four but I can dream. Wouldn't mind Derrick Martin coming back, he was great on special teams, would have helped some if he played yesterday because Giordano was terrible.

Hell, I'd whip out that franchise tag on Kampman, because he doesn't like the system and would probably request a trade, maybe get some picks out of it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
Agreed. It was quite obvious. If they brought back the TD and spotted it at the point of interception minus a 15 yard penalty then who knows.

The ref was behind the QB and it was impossible for him to see it from there.

Although, frankly, raise your hand if you think the GB Defense could have legitimately stopped Arizona's offense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Agreed. It was quite obvious. If they brought back the TD and spotted it at the point of interception minus a 15 yard penalty then who knows.

I'm surprised the Packers, and especially Rodgers, didn't make a fuss about it. You know he felt it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)

Although, frankly, raise your hand if you think the GB Defense could have legitimately stopped Arizona's offense.

You never know. Who thought the Cards would have stopped Packers on that drive?

Rodgers should have said something, that was the biggest mistake he made. You don't pass up any chance at hanging on.

The ref wasn't behind it, actually looking right at the play. I was telling the people I was watching the game with, call me crazy but if the Packers didn't make it on that third down, I'd have gone for it on 4th given we only stopped the Cards once, obviously would be a dumb call given field position and the game is on the line.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7423/facemask.png

I was a little more pissed about the helmet to helmet hit the play before, which should've been roughing the passer.

Oh and not to mention Fitzgerald completely pushing Woodson over in the endzone and then grabbing a TD, where was the interference there.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
The ref wasn't behind it, actually looking right at the play. I was telling the people I was watching the game with, call me crazy but if the Packers didn't make it on that third down, I'd have gone for it on 4th given we only stopped the Cards once, obviously would be a dumb call given field position and the game is on the line.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7423/facemask.png

I was a little more pissed about the helmet to helmet hit the play before, which should've been roughing the passer.

Oh and not to mention Fitzgerald completely pushing Woodson over in the endzone and then grabbing a TD, where was the interference there.

the helmet to helmet was a bit nitpicky (and yes it could have been called), and the facemask probably wouldn't have mattered much, since I believe it occured after Rodgers had already fumbled....but this play by fitzgerald was certainly the most egregious of the blown calls....that was horrendous officiating...not that im gonna complain about calls that go against the packers, but looking at it objectively they refs blew that one horribly

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)

Bingo. Randy Moss got called for the same thing earlier in the afternoon.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
I guess the NFL did not want the Packers to have another shot at the Vikings and the almighty Favre.

considering how much they got pantsed the first two times, maybe it is better this way

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

Hand not raised...even in regulation, if the Cardinals wanted to score a TD, I don't think GB could've stopped them, but that's why you pay Rackers, to make chip shots.

As much as I dislike the Packers, gotta give it up to them the way they fought back and had a shot at beating Arizona after they were down big...they'll be tough next season.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
The Packers would win if they played again.

Well thats your opinion. Personally I think the Vikings would do the same thing that the Cardinals just did, only with a bit better defense. The Vikings defensive line is way better than the Cardinals

As (I think) being the lone USC fan here, I will say that obviously I'm disappointed. I love Pete. I love everything he has done for that program. He's a great guy and very well liked by the SC fans.

Then again, I can't blame him. IIRC, he just got a $3m per year raise, and he's going to a new challenge. What more can he accomplish at USC? From 2001 until now, he's won 97 games, 7 P10 titles, 1 BCS national title, has had 2 Heisman winners, and has went 7-2 in bowl games.

I hope he succeeds like hell up in Seattle.