Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
I think what he meant to say is that usually when teams trade their next years first, its because they believe they are on the brink of contending. Therefore their 1st is most likely going to be a late round pick, so they are getting a guy in the 2nd they want.

McDaniels traded the Broncos pick which could be a very high pick.

I don't think their pick is going to be a top 5 like most people seem to think..

Kyle Orton isn't a bad QB, but he isn't a great one either. Point being, its not like they are starting a rookie or some scrub they signed to place hold. They have a decent QB in place, McDaniels thinks his system is going to carry on just fine. They have another 1st anyways, and he prolly thinks they aren't gonna be that bad.

KC and Oakland aren't going to be that good, I don't think its a stretch that Denver can be 7-9 or 8-8 this year. Especially with games against KC 2X, Oakland 2X, Cincinnati, and Cleveland

QUOTE (T R U @ May 4, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
I don't think their pick is going to be a top 5 like most people seem to think..

Kyle Orton isn't a bad QB, but he isn't a great one either. Point being, its not like they are starting a rookie or some scrub they signed to place hold. They have a decent QB in place, McDaniels thinks his system is going to carry on just fine. They have another 1st anyways, and he prolly thinks they aren't gonna be that bad.

KC and Oakland aren't going to be that good, I don't think its a stretch that Denver can be 7-9 or 8-8 this year. Especially with games against KC 2X, Oakland 2X, Cincinnati, and Cleveland

I could actually see Cinci surprising a few people this year. They went 4-11-1 last year, and that was with Palmer out for most of the year. If he's healthy, I'd say they have a chance at being .500.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 5, 2009 -> 12:17 AM)
I could actually see Cinci surprising a few people this year. They went 4-11-1 last year, and that was with Palmer out for most of the year. If he's healthy, I'd say they have a chance at being .500.

Not to mention, in terms of pure talent they might have 3 instant starters with their first 3 draft picks.

I dunno, there are still questions about Andre Smith and Rey Maualuga, not to mention the loss of TJ. They will be better for sure, but I don't know how much better.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 5, 2009 -> 01:49 AM)
I dunno, there are still questions about Andre Smith and Rey Maualuga, not to mention the loss of TJ. They will be better for sure, but I don't know how much better.

Not to mention they are in PIT'S and BAL's division.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 5, 2009 -> 05:13 AM)
Not to mention they are in PIT'S and BAL's division.

That doesn't take away from them improving, it takes away from them winning games. There's a distinct difference between that.

That said, I did say with Carson they have a chance at being .500. The previous 4 seasons with Carson as the QB, they went 8-8, 11-5, 8-8, and 7-9. I'd say .500 is within the realm of possibility, even without TJ. They did sign Laveranues Coles, who is still a pretty solid receiver, and they have a bit of talent among their WR corps.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
That doesn't take away from them improving, it takes away from them winning games. There's a distinct difference between that.

That said, I did say with Carson they have a chance at being .500. The previous 4 seasons with Carson as the QB, they went 8-8, 11-5, 8-8, and 7-9. I'd say .500 is within the realm of possibility, even without TJ. They did sign Laveranues Coles, who is still a pretty solid receiver, and they have a bit of talent among their WR corps.

Not to mention they also have Chris Henry who is as good as any WR when healthy(or is that not suspended?), and Chad Johnson. They are fine in the WR dept

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (T R U @ May 5, 2009 -> 02:49 AM)

What questions? What position will they start at? They will both play ALOT this year. The only question around Smith was how the f*** is he so damn good with huge b**** tits.

I dont think Denver will be a bottom 5 team, I do think that there is a very high likelihood that the Bears finish with a better record than the Broncos.

Which is why I would have traded the Bears pick before the Broncos pick. Bears play in the weak NFC Central and were close to making the playoffs last year with Orton. They upgraded to a Pro Bowl QB without really losing much from last years team.

Granted the Broncos play in a weak division but I think that the Broncos are closer to KC than what you might think. Obviously the Raiders are a lost cause and that will most likely be 2 wins, but I can see them easily losing to the Bengals and Browns.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 5, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)
What questions? What position will they start at? They will both play ALOT this year. The only question around Smith was how the f*** is he so damn good with huge b**** tits.

Andre Smith got suspended for the Sugar Bowl and dissapeared from the combine without telling anyone.

Maualuga is only a two down linebacker in the NFL in the eyes of many teams obviously. Of course, he could prove wrong but well see.

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:35 AM)
Not to mention they also have Chris Henry who is as good as any WR when healthy(or is that not suspended?), and Chad Johnson. They are fine in the WR dept

Who is this Chad Johnson feller?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 5, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
Rodgers > Cutler

And I'm a Bears fan.

Based on their physical abilities I'd take Cutler any day of the week over Rodgers. However, I bet Rodgers is more productive next year than Cutler because he has an entire stable of really talented receivers. Although, I bet by the end of their careers more people will rate Cutler above Rodgers.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 5, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
I can honestly tell you, I would not trade Cutler straight up for Rodgers.

Same here. And that's not the Bears fan in me talking. I've always been a big fan of Cutler (liked him more than Young or Leinart in '06), since he was tearing up at Vandy.

Cutler's physical ability is superior to just about any QB in the league. He obviously has a cannon, but Rodgers went through hell and back last offseason and still came out and had a great year. Ryan Grant decided to take the first half of last year off and Denver's OL was better then the Packers.

Just because I think there's another QB who is better then Cutler doesn't mean I'm not extremely happy to have him.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Cutler's physical ability is superior to just about any QB in the league. He obviously has a cannon, but Rodgers went through hell and back last offseason and still came out and had a great year. Ryan Grant decided to take the first half of last year off and Denver's OL was better then the Packers.

Just because I think there's another QB who is better then Cutler doesn't mean I'm not extremely happy to have him.

Going through hell and back because of Brett Favre has NOTHING to do with his abilities on the field. He still had to practice and he was still getting all the snaps. Ryan Grant is NOT as good of a RB as people think he is. And I'm sure Rodgers was just sooooo pissed about having to throw to Driver and Jennings all season.

Please, Cutler > Rodgers. And if you're going to use the running game argument, it still doesn't apply, because Denver didn't have one.