Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
I think whomever wins the Saints vs. Vikings game will win the Superbowl. I still don't think the Colts are that good.

I have a feeling the Colts are going to be sorry they late the Jets into the playoffs and think the Jets might win that game. If Revis shuts down Wayne it is basically over.

Given as much as the Colts throw to Garcon and Clark and Collie, why would it be over if Revis shuts down Wayne? Now don't get me wrong, I saw how the Jets shut down the Chargers last night, but let's not mistake Peyton Manning, quite possibly the best quarterback of all time, with Philip Rivers.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
One of the reasons peyton is the best QB of all time is longevity and consistency, but Phillip Rivers at this moment is pretty damn close.

There's more to being a winning QB than putting up big numbers. If you were paying close attention, you actually saw it in the 4th quarter yesterday; Rivers realized he needed to do something Manning figured out in about 2005 when facing the Patriots; he figured out how to move the ball against a team pressuring the Hell out of him using the quick passing game.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
I call it going up against a very good defense.

Ha, thats cause you are on the other end of the spectrum as a Romo lover. Go back and look at the 6 sacks he took, at least 3 were because of his happy feet, his reads and his reluctance to step up in the pocket. His fumbles were not all caused by the defense. The guy played a bad game in a big situation.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Ha, thats cause you are on the other end of the spectrum as a Romo lover. Go back and look at the 6 sacks he took, at least 3 were because of his happy feet, his reads and his reluctance to step up in the pocket. His fumbles were not all caused by the defense. The guy played a bad game in a big situation.

Actually, being a Cowboys fan & having watched every game I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. When the O-Line has a bad game/faces a defense that gives them fits they don't score and Romo gets beat up.

Against Denver he was sacked 5 times, offense only scores 10 points & loses.

Against Green Bay, 5 sacks, 7 points, loss.

The only fumble that wasn't caused by the defense was his 2nd fumble where he completely missed the snap.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Actually, being a Cowboys fan & having watched every game I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. When the O-Line has a bad game/faces a defense that gives them fits they don't score and Romo gets beat up.

The only fumble that wasn't caused by the defense was his 2nd fumble where he completely missed the snap.

it's a curious thing huh, pressuring and sacking a QB usually nets good results for the oppossing team

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
This might might make me sound bad but wow was that a waste of a 2nd rounder, definitely unexpected though.

Yeah, I felt the same way I do about any random stranger I don't know dying, yeah it's sad to hear, but I don't know him and I think of him strictly in terms of the Bears... I said it earlier somewhere else (rather tactfully I thoguht) and you'd have thought I was the biggest douchebag ever.

Yesterday was pretty much the Chargers in a nutshell. So much hype in the regular season leading into the playoffs, everyone jumps on the wagon and starts calling them a Super Bowl contender (and Chargers fans get obnoxious as hell) and then they fall flat in the playoffs.

Back a couple of years ago Chargers fans insisted that we'd have to start mentioning LT as one of the best ever... yeah I just don't see it.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)

Correct, being a cowboys fan you are giving credit to the other team instead of being critical of one of your favorite players. If you want to call that "knowing what you are talking about" by all means continue.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
Correct, being a cowboys fan you are giving credit to the other team instead of being critical of one of your favorite players. If you want to call that "knowing what you are talking about" by all means continue.

And you're not giving Minny's D any credit. Their front 4 did what they were supposed to do. If you chase any NFL QB around enough, you're gonna cause a turnover.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)

The fact is Tony Romo did not play well. However, he and the Cowboy's offense has been unstoppable for the better part of the last 6 weeks or so. Did he have an off game, probably so. But the Vikings managed to do something no other defense has managed to do recently, and I have to think that had more to do with their pressure than Tony Romo suddenly turning into a piece of crap.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
ESPN sources reporting that Chan Gailey is about to be hired as the head coach of the Bills. The score was reporting that he was being strongly considered as OC for the Bears.

There's shooting for the moon and missing...and then there's that.