Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Matt Leinart finally gets his shot!!!.... er.... nevermind.

I'd imagine they'd be players for McNabb if the Iggles are going to move him. Maybe more so than Minny, given that Minny will probably expect 4 back no matter what he says in March.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge Martz fan, but hiring him does make a ton of sense. Lots of connections to the current coaching staff, successful offensive coach... plus the Bears really should be a "pass first" team until they can get any semblance of a running game going again. Watching the Bears constant run themselves into bad passing situations last season was incredibly frustrating.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
I lean towards yes on Warner's HOF credentials.

In my opinion, Kurt Warner should be a LOCK for the HOF. I know that he had talent around him and had some s***ty years in the middle of his career, but the guy could absolutely light up defenses. I don't remember the actual number but I think he threw for over 300 yards in nearly half of the games he played in, that is completely ridiculous.

Again, this is just my opinion... but Warner had a great career and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

He is one of, if not the best, accurate passing QBs to play the game. I believe he holds a s***load of records in the post season especially in pure accuracy and ratings. Guy is quite a story. From undrafted, to bagging groceries, to playing arena football, to being cut on practice squads, to quarterbacking a team to a super bowl and winning it, to losing his job to Marc Bulger after a s***ty few games, to "should have" lost his job to Matt Leinart but he was too good, to leading that team to a super bowl and another playoff appearance. Not gonna debate first ballot, but the guy is a HOF.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
So Martz has actually traveled to Nashville now to meet with Cutler.

I really, really hope, should they hire him, that they push whatever buttons are necessary to get field turf installed at Soldier Field.

Sun-Times

seconded. especially the field turf part

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
So Martz has actually traveled to Nashville now to meet with Cutler.

I really, really hope, should they hire him, that they push whatever buttons are necessary to get field turf installed at Soldier Field.

Sun-Times

Shameless plug for my Facebook group:

Put Field Turf in Soldier Field

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
Great so Jay Cutler will be on his 4th different OC going into the 2011 season.

With a bad O-line that will be without Olin for most of the learning curve and a below average receiving corp this thing could be epically bad.

Wait until after the off-season to comment on the makeup of the team. I think a WR will be added in f/a and can only hope that the Bears sign someone for the OL too. So far despite all the criticism the Bears have gotten Tice/Martz have been very solid hires. Anyone know what kind of candidates are lined up for the D-Coordinator job?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
:lolhitting :lolhitting

Funny thing is.. many people here called this hire even before the whole "interview process" thing.

Well, it wasn't particularly unforseeable that it would happen. It was a pretty obvious hire, in my opinion.

Now let's get the field turf and reinstate the greatest show on turf, baby.