Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
I don't get whats with all the hate for Brett Favre..

If he wants to play, whats the big deal.. You're only upset he went to the Vikings

It's the crying, fake soap-opera, fake-retiring and drama around it year after year after year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 02:32 PM)
if ESPN didnt cover it 24/7, you would feel different about him. Your perception is being dictated by the media

The difference here is, he actively seeks out the media. No one makes you hold a press conference every time you retire. No one makes you say bat-sh*t crazy stuff about how you coming back is a good thing for the NFL 2 weeks after you made a big deal of telling the press how tired your body was and how you didn't think it would hold up for another season. No one makes you reach out to people in the media as often as he does.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
if ESPN didnt cover it 24/7, you would feel different about him. Your perception is being dictated by the media

This is all Favre's engineering, it's totally intentional. The media goes crazy over him and he knows it. Remember in '05 when he said he knew he was coming back all along, and bragging that he really had the media going?

Plaxico Burress will spend a minimum of 20 months in prison after accepting a plea deal for a 2-year sentence.

He accidentally shoots HIMSELF in the leg, and gets 20 months minimum. Meanwhile, Stallworth kills a man and gets 1/20th the sentence. Way to go, New York.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Plaxico Burress will spend a minimum of 20 months in prison after accepting a plea deal for a 2-year sentence.

He accidentally shoots HIMSELF in the leg, and gets 20 months minimum. Meanwhile, Stallworth kills a man and gets 1/20th the sentence. Way to go, New York.

Wow, he could have accepted 2 months served back in May. What a dumbass.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 07:36 AM)

Not NY's fault here. The guy stuck a loaded gun in to his sweatpants, with no legal right to carry the gun where he went. That's a fairly fair sentence, all things considered. You or I doing that would probably still net more, but the guy's doing serious time.

Florida is where Stallworth did his deed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
Wow, he could have accepted 2 months served back in May. What a dumbass.

I cant find this anywhere. The DA was trying for 3 years, Plax's lawyers were trying for 1 or less, but I dont see anything stating he could have gotten 2 months, the NY law is pretty explicit in regards to this kind of crime(carrying a concealed weapon, not shooting himself)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
I cant find this anywhere. The DA was trying for 3 years, Plax's lawyers were trying for 1 or less, but I dont see anything stating he could have gotten 2 months, the NY law is pretty explicit in regards to this kind of crime(carrying a concealed weapon, not shooting himself)

It was stated on the radio by those who had information about a deal offered in May.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
It was stated on the radio by those who had information about a deal offered in May.

I cant imagine that is true. His Lawyer may have been trying for 2 months in May, but he is lucky right now getting two years, the law that he broke states minimum 3 years in jail.

Ochocinco kicks an extra point, turns out to be the game winner. 7-6 Cincy

0776166d-4411-40fe-b962-d6f513426a98.wid

“’Esteban’ Ochocinco is back, the most interesting footballer in the world,” Ochocinco said. “Everyone has to remember, I’ve always said that soccer is my No. 1 sport. I think Ronaldinho would be proud of me right now.”
Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Broncos leave Brandon Marshall behind while they go to Seattle to play the Seahawks.

I cant imagine they are going to let this distraction continue. Do you think that the Bears could possibly dangle Hester and a mid-late round pick to steal another Bronco? Maybe even throw in Vasher?

I think Broncos would only take Forte from the Bears IMHO for Marshall, probably straight up. Bears wouldn't do that and the Broncos would then look for another squad to trade him to. Maybe the Giants who want a superstar WR or the Jets.