Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
man f*** these refs. Anderson gets held for about 30 seconds and its a penalty on him, stupid stupid stupid rules

Hillenmeyer got held big time on that Mendenhall run.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
If you consider getting grabbed by the head, restrained and and then being thrown to the ground to be holding, well you're just a stickler.

I'll never understand NFL rules. There is holding on roughly 100% of plays in the game, yet its only called when the refs happen to see it. f***ing stupid

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 05:22 PM)
The fans love Ron Turner and his awesome play-calling. With good reason. He's the best around, no question.

Those quick passes in the flats to the WRs is just baffling the Steelers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
Payne with some great awareness on that 3rd down play...not! This is like the Sox. Not only are they mediocre, but boring as hell with coaches that need to go.

The difference with the Bears is I think fans are legitimately tired of Lovie's act, whereas most people put the blame for the Sox on the players.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
The difference with the Bears is I think fans are legitimately tired of Lovie's act, whereas most people put the blame for the Sox on the players.

Which is how it should be....the coach in baseball has about 1/100 of an impact on the game as they do in football.

Lubbie's entire s***ty regime needs to be gone after this season.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)

I'm not "tired of Lovie's act". Compared to the stupidity of Wanny and the passive aggressivness of Jauron, I have no problem with what Lovie has brought to the organization. His loyalty in coordinators is annoying though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
I'm not "tired of Lovie's act". Compared to the stupidity of Wanny and the passive aggressivness of Jauron, I have no problem with what Lovie has brought to the organization. His loyalty in coordinators is annoying though.

I like Lovie. I think he's smart and a good leader. I think he's slightly ahead of a middle-of-the-league head coach, simply because of the flaw you identified.