Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears really haven't played a good game yet, and are 2-1 after finishing maybe their toughest (on paper) 3 game stretch of the season today. Maybe this team has hope after all. And damn, I've seen it several times now and I still can't believe the f***ing play Favre and Greg Lewis combined to make to save the Vikings from a loss.

These last 2 Bears games have been plenty ugly but Ill take a win anyway you can get it, honestly all 3 games the Bears have played pretty poorly imo and been in position to win them all which I guess says something. Ill also add I think our defense played better when Hillenmeyer was taking out because of injury, I know he is smart but he is a liability on the field.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
These last 2 Bears games have been plenty ugly but Ill take a win anyway you can get it, honestly all 3 games the Bears have played pretty poorly imo and been in position to win them all which I guess says something. Ill also add I think our defense played better when Hillenmeyer was taking out because of injury, I know he is smart but he is a liability on the field.

I'll take looking like s*** and pulling out wins as opposed to last year where we were looking great and then losing in the last moments for the first 5 games.

It's weird. The Bears looked pretty fugly for most of the first-half, yet I was supremely confident that Cutler would lead us to at least a field goal on that last drive. The touchdown was very nice to see (and hello, Hester might not be the best route runner, but he knows how to get to the endzone and must have stickum on his gloves... he was grabbing everything).

Cutler has changed Bears football for the better.

/the obvious

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 11:19 PM)
Bears really haven't played a good game yet, and are 2-1 after finishing maybe their toughest (on paper) 3 game stretch of the season today. Maybe this team has hope after all. And damn, I've seen it several times now and I still can't believe the f***ing play Favre and Greg Lewis combined to make to save the Vikings from a loss.

Having 5 missed field goals against your team helps also.

NEW YORK—Citing the extremely low level of entropy present before a normal set of football downs, scientists from the NFL's quantum mechanics and cosmology laboratories spoke Monday of a theoretical proto-down before the first. "Ultimately, we believe there are an infinite number of proto-downs played before the first visible snap," lead NFL scientist Dr. Oliver Claussen said during a press conference, adding that the very last yocto-down is a by-product of leftover fourth downs from this universe, as well as those from a theoretical universe running along an arrow of time concurrent to our own. "It is our goal to isolate this microscopic down using a highly volatile electron beam with a physical isolation resolution of 500 angstroms or better. If all goes well, we can make this down available, and NFL teams will have one more chance to attain additional yards, a new set of downs, or even score." Claussen later stated that those in the field who talk of a fifth down after the fourth are only encouraging the practice of bad science.

LINK

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
Having 5 missed field goals against your team helps also.

then maybe teams should make their f***ing FG's? Gould missed one (and a long one at that) on the same field with the same conditions. If your kicker can't make the kicks and ours can, then that aspect of your team just sucks, nothing more than that.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
mare was 3 for 5

gould was 1 for 2

OMG IF GOULD WOULD"VE JUST HIT THAT FIELD GOAL WE WOULD'VE WON BY 3!!!

Gould had no business kicking that field goal. Came up way short to no surprise.

I was referring to the whole season, Crosby missed one, Reed 2 and Mare 2.

Mare should have retired years ago and he sucks so his misses were not a surprise but Reeds sure were. Thought Seattle had Brandon Cotuu (sp?), liked him out of college, sure as hell better than Mare.

Edited by ChWRoCk2