Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
Actually I didn't see any non-Bears fans discouraging posts from other fans, Poster A took issue with the fact that his team was being slighted, Poster B wrote later that this is the "NFL" thread and Poster C wrote that it was still composed primarily of Bears fans so obviously you're going to see more Bears talk than anything else.

I think Chw is just a little frustrated with Mex. I know that Mex and I have had a difference of opinions in the past as he can be a little vocal with his opinions :)

Can't always expect a board with a majority of Bears fans to respect/cheer for the Pack. Only thing we can really do is have our team prove him wrong during the season (and hope to god our O Line stops blowing).

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
Actually I didn't see any non-Bears fans discouraging posts from other fans, Poster A took issue with the fact that his team was being slighted, Poster B wrote later that this is the "NFL" thread and Poster C wrote that it was still composed primarily of Bears fans so obviously you're going to see more Bears talk than anything else.

So you ignored the post about go finding a board with greenbay fans..

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
I think he's trying to say that Favre's career stats right now are better than any other active QB's in the NFL.

This.

I mean, of course it's Cutler.

But right now on a talent standpoint it is Peyton Manning imo or even Adrian Peterson.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
Only thing we can really do is have our team prove him wrong during the season (and hope to god our O Line stops blowing).

:pray

Didnt think it would be worse than last year? I miss Tauscher.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
This.

I mean, of course it's Cutler.

But right now on a talent standpoint it is Peyton Manning imo or even Adrian Peterson.

If Marino came out of retirement your point would be ruined. ;)

I can't see what is the big deal with saying that I don't think Green Bay is really that good of a team,it's my opinion and I don't believe I insulted any Packer fans,jeez,all of a sudden we can't post opinions that might hurt others feelings?I never said Green Bay sucked,I believe they are a .500 team and the NFC North will come down to us or Mnny with the Vikes having the edge because I think they are a little better than us.

I'm no Bears homer either,I realize we have some glaring weaknesses but so far we have been in every game and even with some big injuries on defense,we've kept the other team's offense out of the end zone,I believe we are better than the Pack so sue me:D

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)
So you ignored the post about go finding a board with greenbay fans..

That wasn't telling him to get lost, it was saying that's what he has to do if he wants to go somewhere that Bears fans won't be hard on the Packers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
Or Brett Farve after some pain killers (too soon?)

Too soon? That painkiller thing was in the 90's

Feel free to take some more pills....err shots at Brett

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Would you have the same sympathy if he cried about people being mean to the Cubs? I kinda doubt it.

I wouldn't, because this is Soxtalk not MLBtalk.

Its kinda unfair though that the Packers fans on here cant use the NFL thread because 90% of the board hates the Packers.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)

Its kinda unfair though that the Packers fans on here cant use the NFL thread because 90% of the board hates the Packers.

I'm with T R U. I hate the Packers but that doesn't mean they can't post in the NFL thread. They are Sox fans as well who are on SOXTALK.

Just wish we could get rid of the couple of Fin fans..... :P

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)

No one said they can't. But they shouldn't expect a whole lot of sympathy either. Pretty much no one here likes the Packers.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)

f*** the packers, with that said, all packer fans are welcome in this thread.

PS

f*** the packers

Hoping the Bears come out today and just completely dominate the Lions, the first 3 games have been very ugly to watch and I dont know if we can keep playing the same way and make the playoffs. Im also very excited to see Roach and Williams starting at LB, not a Hillenmeyer fan one bit.