Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler didn't have the sexy numbers, but his TD/INT ratio stands at 8:5 heading into the bye which is very good especially since that 4 INT game. In 3 consecutive games now, he's had a 100+ QB Rating, and 7 TDs and 1 INT in those last 3 games.

And just from an outsider looking in, I love Stafford's potential. If he can work on those deep throws which will come with experience (showed flashes though) he will be a pain in the ass for the North for a long time. Hopefully that knee injury he suffered isn't too serious cause that'll be a crippling blow to the Lions org. if he misses a long time, especially with experience.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
Cutler didn't have the sexy numbers, but his TD/INT ratio stands at 8:5 heading into the bye which is very good especially since that 4 INT game. In 3 consecutive games now, he's had a 100+ QB Rating, and 7 TDs and 1 INT in those last 3 games.

Didn't need any sexy numbers cause the field position the Bears had all game was just ridiculous.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
Didn't need any sexy numbers cause the field position the Bears had all game was just ridiculous.

Its nice to actually capitalize on that for a change instead of going 3-out or just getting a FG every time

And please, for the love of god, run Wolfe to the OUTSIDE. Running a 5 foot tall RB up the middle into a forest of 400lb dudes is god damn retarded.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Bye Wade Phillips

This.

Why the f*** are you throwing at Champ Bailey? Repeatedly! Romo needs to get his s*** together ASAP. Actually this entire team looked like a sorority girl at last call, sloppy.

I'm tired of watching this team gift wrap wins already.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 07:28 PM)
This.

Why the f*** are you throwing at Champ Bailey? Repeatedly! Romo needs to get his s*** together ASAP. Actually this entire team looked like a sorority girl at last call, sloppy.

I'm tired of watching this team gift wrap wins already.

cowboys seem way too pass happy.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
And please, for the love of god, run Wolfe to the OUTSIDE. Running a 5 foot tall RB up the middle into a forest of 400lb dudes is god damn retarded.

The only problem is, that Wolfe has never shown the ability on the NFL level to be able to get around the corner while going east to west.

Broncos points allowed in their first four games: 7, 6, 3, 10. Who knew that Cutler was going to be taking a significant step down in class in terms of the defense supporting him when he was traded to the Bears? At any rate, good timing of the Bears bye because they are beat up right now. They've had a nice bounce back to the opening night debacle as well.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
The only problem is, that Wolfe has never shown the ability on the NFL level to be able to get around the corner while going east to west.

He did today, and I don't think he's ever gotten the chance to do it. 100% of the plays to Wolfe to should be toss/pitches or screen passes.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)

Turner never calls plays for him to do that.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
I don't know what the Bills were expecting...

He's the same mediocre coach who got fired in Chicago.

I guess they were expecting something better than this. It did take Belichick till his second team to become a stud (and that is the last time I'm ever going to compare Jauron to Belichick). They apparently thought they saw something good.

I told TRU that I give them till 2-5. It might happen sooner than that. I believe they've now lost atleast 8 games in a row within the division, and they obviously looked absolutely awful today, and that's two weeks in a row. I don't see them winning 6 games at this point. And I'm quietly hoping for Cowher or Shanahan.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
I guess they were expecting something better than this. It did take Belichick till his second team to become a stud (and that is the last time I'm ever going to compare Jauron to Belichick). They apparently thought they saw something good.

I told TRU that I give them till 2-5. It might happen sooner than that. I believe they've now lost atleast 8 games in a row within the division, and they obviously looked absolutely awful today, and that's two weeks in a row. I don't see them winning 6 games at this point. And I'm quietly hoping for Cowher or Shanahan.

Actually this was his 3rd team. He grabbed some of the Lions magic when he took over on an interim basis. They actually improved while he coached them, IIRC. It wasn't the worst idea in the world to bring him in when he took over. But they've just held on too long; he flat out doesn't do the job of taking players and turning them in to a winning football team at all. That team just expects to lose every time out.

Buffalo isn't shelling out for Cowher, and probably not for Shanahan either. At least not until they're in L.A. Schottenheimer might be the kind of guy that might fit as a retread; guy who's been out for a couple of years who isn't in heavy demand and thus can be had more cheaply.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
Who's b****ing, the Bears just won by 3 touchdowns. Up until halftime the b****ing was warranted.

Everyone is. People are saying Roach sucks. Are you kidding? He played a great game. Who cares how many points Detroit scored? The Bears scored 24 more.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 09:15 PM)
Everyone is. People are saying Roach sucks. Are you kidding? He played a great game. Who cares how many points Detroit scored? The Bears scored 24 more.

I am on the side of giving Detroit some credit. They have some pretty good weapons and stafford made some pretty good throws.

Kudos to the second half play calling by Lovie on the 2nd half. Nice situational pressure in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
And just from an outsider looking in, I love Stafford's potential. If he can work on those deep throws which will come with experience (showed flashes though) he will be a pain in the ass for the North for a long time. Hopefully that knee injury he suffered isn't too serious cause that'll be a crippling blow to the Lions org. if he misses a long time, especially with experience.

And just as I say that from earlier, Stafford might have a dislocated right knee cap.. Ouch.