Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

Holy s*** this broadcast is f***ing sickening. I have to watch with the game on mute. If they wanted to air a 2 1/2 hour special on Brett Favre they should've done that. How about commenting on Peterson and not talking about Favre when the Packers have the ball? Jesus. They talked about Favre's "eye discipline" at one point.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
Thank god they managed to sign Briggs a few years ago and didn't rely on Williams.

Briggs overplayed his hand back then. That was a pretty textbook example of the super-agent costing his client money (Bears offer he ended up signing was less guaranteed $$ than the original extension they offered).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
The Vikings have easily the most talented and complete team in the division. That left side of their O-line is as good as it gets.

They are the best team in the NFL

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
Giants and Colts might have something to say about that. But they're without question the best team in the division.

The Giants and Colts can suck a cock, the Vikings are the best team in the league.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
The Giants and Colts can suck a cock, the Vikings are the best team in the league.

Now that's some analyzation for that ass.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Jared Allen is sodomizing the Packers' O-line. Barbre still sucks.

Their O-line is terrible. But Jared Allen vs Daryn Colledge is beyond a mismatch.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
I agree. Not because of favre, but because their Oline and Dline combo is the best in football.

You here it all the time. And I think this is constantly forgotten in this era of fantasy football. But it ALWAYS starts up front. Look at the Packers. They've got an elite QB and playmakers all over the place. But they're handicapped by a really bad O-line.

Oh, and you could make a good case for the Giants having the best O-line, D-line combo in football, too.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
What an ass whupping the Vikes gave Green Bay,they are clearly the best team in the NFC North,would love to see them play the Giants and the Saints to see which is the best NFC team right now.

I really doubt that the saints could hang with the vikes. The Saints would cry home to mommy after any game with Minny.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
Doesn't help that Clifton is out either.

Thank f***ing God I had night class.

Heard the offensive line played worse than ever. Wasn't expecting win but at least a closer game. This game was far worse than the score suggests.

Was the kickoff return at the beginning of the game the initial fumble? The last thing you want to do is turn it over first drive in the Metrodome, that is a tough place to play in coming from behind.

Bye week couldn't come sooner, just get healthy and beat the Browns and Lions.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
Thank f***ing God I had night class.

Heard the offensive line played worse than ever. Wasn't expecting win but at least a closer game. This game was far worse than the score suggests.

Was the kickoff return at the beginning of the game the initial fumble? The last thing you want to do is turn it over first drive in the Metrodome, that is a tough place to play in coming from behind.

Bye week couldn't come sooner, just get healthy and beat the Browns and Lions.

The kick off wasn't the fumble. Rodgers fumbled after a good drive. The o-line is in bad shape. If we don't fix it, the year is over.

This team is still good, but we need to fix the o-line. If the o-line is average we are 4-0 right now.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
I agree. Not because of favre, but because their Oline and Dline combo is the best in football.

Minnesota is maybe 2-2 without Favre, but I cant argue with the OL DL comment because that really is the main thing..

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
They are the best team in the NFL

Let's wait until they play an actual opponent before anointing them. Yes, the Bears randomly played as terribly as possible and barely lost to the Packers, but the Vikings only beat the Packers by a TD last night, and aside from that have played the 49ers (and got lucky), the Lions, and the farking Rams.

On a side note, Favre looked great last night.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
Jared Allen had 4.5 sacks, a safety, forced fumble, and fumble recovery.

It doesnt get much better than that, mullet or not.

Patrick Willis says hello. We're having breakfast together.