Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im never jealous of Dan Snyders moves. Time and time again he spends as much money as he can without thinking about scheme, chemistry, situation, etc.

Until he allows someone else to make the football decisions there, he will screw it up

Can anyone explain to me why Matt Millen is considered an expert analyst on ESPN?Are they that desperate?Do they not realize that he had the worst 8 year tenure in NFL history?31-97 is really bad and I can't understand how anyone can take his word seriously.

But then again when one of your longtime NFL experts was über scrub Sean Salisbury and NBA "experts" Steven A Smith and Greg Anthony,I guess that's to be expected.

I hardly watch ESPN,I mostly watch the NFL Network or MLB TV but I occasionaly will watch ESPN to see what stupidity they are spewing.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
Can anyone explain to me why Matt Millen is considered an expert analyst on ESPN?Are they that desperate?Do they not realize that he had the worst 8 year tenure in NFL history?31-97 is really bad and I can't understand how anyone can take his word seriously.

But then again when one of your longtime NFL experts was über scrub Sean Salisbury and NBA "experts" Steven A Smith and Greg Anthony,I guess that's to be expected.

I hardly watch ESPN,I mostly watch the NFL Network or MLB TV but I occasionaly will watch ESPN to see what stupidity they are spewing.

Come on man, look at our gameday analysts and announcers during the actual games. Tim Ryan? Bryan Baldinger? Bryant Gumbel?

I dont know what the qualifications are.....

I document my hate and disdain for ESPN pretty well on this site, but I will actually defend them here - Millen was a pretty decent TV analyst before he became a GM and his total, unequivocal, thoroughly epic failure as a GM doesn't mean he couldn't still be a decent TV analyst. This was also before sports journalism became such a joke.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
I know this kind of complaining is old hat, but my god do i hate Chris Berman. His antics make everything he's in unwatchable if i have to hear him scream f***ing, "WHOOP!" everytime a player dodges a f***ing defender, i'm going to freak out.

and just think, you are only 20. I have been listening to him do the same tired bulls*** act for probably 10 more years than you

I know this kind of complaining is old hat, but my god do i hate Chris Berman. His antics make everything he's in unwatchable if i have to hear him scream f***ing, "WHOOP!" everytime a player dodges a f***ing defender, i'm going to freak out.

Said it nearly 2 years ago, been saying it since I came to this board. That was just some reasons (or basically just the tip of the iceberg) on why I hate him.

Edited by SoxAce

I'm struggling listening to this ass clown on ESPN radio as we speak.

Maybe this isn't the thread to post this but as long as we're talking about annoying sports commentators,I swear to God that I would rather be skinned alive than listen to a whole Colin Cowherd radio show...

I rideshare with a buddy to work and he loves listening to this clown and I am harboring evil thoughts about the way I'm gonna murder my ridesharing tormentor.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 03:39 PM)
I document my hate and disdain for ESPN pretty well on this site, but I will actually defend them here - Millen was a pretty decent TV analyst before he became a GM and his total, unequivocal, thoroughly epic failure as a GM doesn't mean he couldn't still be a decent TV analyst. This was also before sports journalism became such a joke.

Perfect example. Ken Harrelson. Horrible GM, great commentator.