Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
Maybe this isn't the thread to post this but as long as we're talking about annoying sports commentators,I swear to God that I would rather be skinned alive than listen to a whole Colin Cowherd radio show...

I rideshare with a buddy to work and he loves listening to this clown and I am harboring evil thoughts about the way I'm gonna murder my ridesharing tormentor.

I love Colin and so does practically everyone I know out here on the west coast. I'm not sure why everyone on Soxtalk hates him so much. He brings an interesting perspective to the airwaves and usually does a good job backing up his points (whether I agree with them or not). Plus he's entertaining.

Anyone hear the reporter from Denver that Bores and Bernsie interviewed today? Wow... just wow.

The basic premise of this guys argument... Orton is better than Cutler because Orton makes the defense better.

The interview can be heard here.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Among his many annoying traits is that he acts like a know-it-all,it bugs me to no end...I also don't find him the least bit funny.

I also suspect he's on the take for USC,he's their biggest homer,IMO.

USC has been one of the 2 best schools in the country the past decade, so homer or not, he's going to be right most of the time on that.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
Anyone hear the reporter from Denver that Bores and Bernsie interviewed today? Wow... just wow.

The basic premise of this guys argument... Orton is better than Cutler because Orton makes the defense better.

The interview can be heard here.

That was great. I loved the text messages they read afterward.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
It is hard to believe how bad the Rams are. They are making it look like most of the NCAA top ten could beat them.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
Raiders look pretty s***ty today as well.

...and people wonder why LA never supported the NFL.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
Derek Anderson is probably gonna finish 2 of 17 passing for 23 yards, yet Cleveland will probably win on a FG here at the end. This maybe the worst game ever.

I don't know how that's even possible.. 2/17?

That number is so horrible im having trouble grasping how its possible..

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
Derek Anderson is probably gonna finish 2 of 17 passing for 23 yards, yet Cleveland will probably win on a FG here at the end. This maybe the worst game ever.

Wow... 2/17?! I don't even think Rex Grossman was that bad.

They really should stop dicking around with Brady Quinn.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
They really should stop dicking around with Brady Quinn.

This season is the equivalent of a rookie season for Quinn. I have no idea as to why they should pull him from the starting job; the Browns are going nowhere. He needs time to learn on the job.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
Your Cowboys struggling against that scary KC defense. My fault for drafting Romo.

Indeed. But it's not how you start, it's how you finish. :D

O-Line didn't look good at all, something needs to be done to cut down on all of the bone-headed mistakes during the bye week. Receivers dropped passes, the D choked on a late drive again. But even with all of that Miles Austin sets the record for most rec. yards by a Cowboy. This team's a little retarded, but I'll take the W.

PS. I had Miles Austin starting in the Soxtalk league this week, I feel bad for whoever I'm facing.