Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
well one thing i can say with confidence....denvers offense is much better suited for orton's strengths than ours is...and i also believe ours is better suited for cutlers strengths than theirs is ....kyle looks really good...lots of short, high percentage passes....not to mention good receivers and a great Oline helps

I was thinking that last night. THe Bears offense was designed... and Turners tendencies... are for players like Rex Grossman and now Cutler. It's designed for a down the field gun slinger.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Anybody interested in owning your own domed building?

The Silverdome in Pontiac, MI is up for auction.

The AstroDome is still having issues post-NFL football as well. They were going to convert it into a hotel, but those plans fell through and now some are looking at it s a movie production venue. I vote indoor theme park for either of those.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 05:26 AM)
i'm going to pull a dennis green here ....i know it was preseason (but who treats the 3rd preseason game like its bulls***? bulls***!?!) but the bears handled the broncos on the road in the 3rd game, and destroyed the giants in the somewhat less important second game....i know preseason is preseason, but given the fact that those teams are a combined 10-0, and it was in the 2 most important preseason games, and that the 1st team crushed their first teams....i at least think its noteworthy

GMAB

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 05:26 AM)
i'm going to pull a dennis green here ....i know it was preseason (but who treats the 3rd preseason game like its bulls***? bulls***!?!) but the bears handled the broncos on the road in the 3rd game, and destroyed the giants in the somewhat less important second game....i know preseason is preseason, but given the fact that those teams are a combined 10-0, and it was in the 2 most important preseason games, and that the 1st team crushed their first teams....i at least think its noteworthy

the lions were 4-0 in the 2008 preseason

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:00 AM)
The AstroDome is still having issues post-NFL football as well. They were going to convert it into a hotel, but those plans fell through and now some are looking at it s a movie production venue. I vote indoor theme park for either of those.

If it hasn't closed, there is a themepark pretty much across the street from the Astrodome anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
If it hasn't closed, there is a themepark pretty much across the street from the Astrodome anyway.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)
oh. I retract my statement then. I didnt know that.

Six Flags Astroworld closed in 2005.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:10 AM)
I think the problem lies elsewhere than the QBs. They have nothing to work with.

I agree, they took a huge target(Winslow) and traded him before the season, Edwards became a selfish ball dropping baby before he got traded, Jamal Lewis hasnt been able to be consistently healthy.

its been a mess in Cleveland for sure. Quinn looked good in his spots last year, and Anderson is surely proving to be Grossman version 2.0

THe problem is that Cleveland signed both QBs to big money... and they are torn as to who to use. normally when you have a big contract player, you play him regardless because you need to validate the money. But, since they have TWO big contract guys at the same position, they flip and flop back and forth as to who they want to play.

It's a real mess.

The awfulness that is the Browns goes on. Mangini is just awful.

Per the Cleveland Plain Dealer -

The NFL has begun an investigation into Browns RB James Davis' season-ending shoulder injury.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday morning that Davis aggravated an old shoulder injury and tore his labrum in a post-practice drill two weeks ago. Davis, in street clothes, was reportedly "trucked" by a fully-padded linebacker. "I'm not going to talk about that today," Eric Mangini said late Sunday.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
THe problem is that Cleveland signed both QBs to big money... and they are torn as to who to use. normally when you have a big contract player, you play him regardless because you need to validate the money. But, since they have TWO big contract guys at the same position, they flip and flop back and forth as to who they want to play.

It's a real mess.

And, unlike the last team to do this...they weren't willing to commit fully to either of them by getting the other one out of the way.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
I hope Quinn tells him to try everything in his power to stay out of Cleveland.

Pick your poison- Rams, Bills, or Browns?

I, for one, see Tennessee beginning to win some games, so I don't think they'll have a top 10 pick. I think they'll lose to NE next week, but then they play some beatable teams. I see them finishing with 5-7 wins. Even if they win 4-5 games, that won't be good enough to take Bradford or Clausen.

I don't think the Bills will take a QB. I know Edwards might not be the long term solution, but their current OL can't protect him to save their collective lives. They traded Peters and they don't even take an OT to take his spot. Also, TO will be gone, and it might not be a bad idea to take somebody like Dez Bryant with their first pick, and trade Parrish for a 4th or 5th, and go OT in the 2nd round.

The Rams just flat out need to put people in seats there.

Edited by whitesoxbrian