The lets get rid of Greg Walker thread

WinningUgly85

Oh goodness.

It's our personnel. We're a softball team, our best guys are declining and we're counting on some youth to either repeat last year or put up their first good MLB year.

Give Walker a top of the order, have him fail - THEN start this thread.

On an unrelated note, you look like a young AJ in your photo, assuming that's you

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)
Oh goodness.

It's our personnel. We're a softball team, our best guys are declining and we're counting on some youth to either repeat last year or put up their first good MLB year.

Give Walker a top of the order, have him fail - THEN start this thread.

im only joking. Its the start of the season hopefully they will come around....hopefully.

This ballpark doesn't become a homer park until May, so our offense is going to be a little slow at home for the first few weeks. As much as I dislike Walker as a hitting coach, he doesn't exactly have speedsters to create offense. Only wise has great speed, but it doesn't help him when he can't get on base.

QUOTE (WinningUgly85 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
I'm tired of watching this team with the type of players we have get nothing done offensively. Seriously can we only score with the long ball?

Aaaaand.... we're back.

i love soxtalk.

even though i kind of agree and i think a lot of other people secretly do too. :ph34r:

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (WinningUgly85 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
im only joking. Its the start of the season hopefully they will come around....hopefully.

No you werent. You were hoping for alot of other folks agreeing with you and not noticing how ridiculous this thread was.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
An arguement can be made that it's a lot harder to find a decent hitting coach then it is a pitching coach. Sure we can give up on Walk, but who would replace him?

Frank Thomas........haha........

This topic is tiresome only because it was a topic of discussion much of last season.

It was addressed by Oz and KW in media interviews.

They elected to bring him back after a somewhat controversial year for Walker, so it's really beating a dead horse to discuss it again this year.

The offense is going to be identical to last year. Frustrating half the time; explosive when we are hitting homers and shots off the wall.

sorry guys, I'm putting a kabosh to this right now. Its just not classy bringing this out. I don't mind the Wise thread because its pointing more so at the fact that the organization has completely ignored the top of the order and center field for a couple years now. Walker did his job last year, depsite how much people want to complain. Now if we get shut out the rest of the week, post away, but after one game, hell naw.