Should the Sox Retaliate for the CQ Beaning?

BaseballNick

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 08:53 AM)
That's true. It's bush league. But not enough for a retaliation.

I think considering them "On notice" would be a good plan. Another ball comes flying at one of our guys' heads and then either the umps better warn people or the Royals take a hit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
I think considering them "On notice" would be a good plan. Another ball comes flying at one of our guys' heads and then either the umps better warn people or the Royals take a hit.

I think a 10-1 beatdown will deliver a good message. ;)

Agreed with "let's hit the ball and score some runs"...but if this stuff continues to happen...especially against the Royals somebody needs to get drilled. I'm sure after a while of Sox players getting drilled...people will be up in arms. It was only one game...but let's see where it goes from here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)

Yeah, that's pretty much where I stand. Another Sox batter getting hit today would set the wheels in motion for a bench-clearing brawl.

I'd much rather that the Sox broke out the lumber and kicked their asses on the scoreboard.

QUOTE (quickman @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
the pussification of america. We have proudly turned into the french. just what we need.

I agree. Throwing a baseball at people's heads because you aren't playing well is acting like a "pussy". Good thing we won't be doing that.