Nick Adenhart Killed in Car Crash

Dick Allen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing how the majority of these stories have drinking and driving involved with them. This guy was a totally innocent victim who has his life cut short because of someone else's stupidity. If you go to a game anytime soon, and you drive, and the beer vendor won't sell you a beer until you are finished with the one you are currently drinking, instead of cussing him out, and complaining about the new rule, thank him he may be saving someone some heartache.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
Its amazing how the majority of these stories have drinking and driving involved with them. This guy was a totally innocent victim who has his life cut short because of someone else's stupidity. If you go to a game anytime soon, and you drive, and the beer vendor won't sell you a beer until you are finished with the one you are currently drinking, instead of cussing him out, and complaining about the new rule, thank him he may be saving someone some heartache.

Yup. And every time I read a story like this I get a sick vomit feeling in my stomach because I was guilty of driving under the influence a couple years ago. So, so fortunate my dumbass didn't hurt anybody. I'm NEVER letting that dumb s*** happen again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Yup. And every time I read a story like this I get a sick vomit feeling in my stomach because I was guilty of driving under the influence a couple years ago. So, so fortunate my dumbass didn't hurt anybody. I'm NEVER letting that dumb s*** happen again.

I think the majority of this board has driven when they were probably in no condition to do so, including myself. Not hurting anyone including ourselves was really dodging a bullet. I refuse to drive if I have 1 drink anymore. (Of course its easier for me as my wife does not drink).

These stories are so damn sad....and so DAMN AVOIDABLE! Like many...saw him throw last night...and then to read this not too many hours later...wow. Makes you realize how precious life really is and can be taken away at any moment. RIP Nick!

Its so annoying to read these stupid RIP threads and see so many people claim "I will never drink and drive again" just because some baseball player dies when ordinary people die from this ALL the time and its never mentioned.

Horrible, sad story, but there are three postive things we all can do in response to such a tragedy: pray for or just hold a good thought for his family; tell our family members we love them; don't ever let your friends (or yourself) drive drunk.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
I will drive after 2 beers or 1 other. Nothing beyond that, and I'll always have a water before I go too. Never again will I drive when intoxicated in the least.

If I have more than 2 beers I always have about an hour buffer before I drive. I don't like taking chances.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
Is it just me or does it seem like MLB loses pitchers at a rate of about one per year, for various reasons?

It's eerie how it's always pitchers - Joe Kennedy, Cory Lidle, Josh Hancock, Darryl Kile. All tragic stories for all of them.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
Its so annoying to read these stupid RIP threads and see so many people claim "I will never drink and drive again" just because some baseball player dies when ordinary people die from this ALL the time and its never mentioned.

I actually said that a long time ago and was merely continuing a current discussion.