White Sox (1-1) vs. Royals (1-1) 1:05-CSN

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This coming from the guy who looks down on the Colon signing and "seriously wonders why people think Ozzie is a good manager".

Everyone second guesses.

And my opinion is based on the fact that Pavano has straight up sucked or has been injured since he left the Marlins for a Yankee payday

Yeah, because a man sucking in his first start and a man who's constantly PROVEN he doesn't know what he's doing is a fair comparison. It's one thing if Ozzie takes out a pitcher to replace him when he's doing well based on a gut feeling (as bad as that turns out sometimes) or something similar. It's something else when you constantly refuse to put your best defenders in the game in the 9th with a small lead or pitch to someone who's on fire with 2 outs and a base open (Ozzie loves this). Then again, if I need to give you examples of why Ozzie is terrible, I guess I can laugh, walk away and not waste my time.

And I'm only worried about Colon for the same reason I think most people are: his health. It's just the most reliable option.

To be fair, I don't know much about Pavano's history. My point is that I just can't stand when someone has one bad game or season and gets jumped on. It happens on this site all the time.

Danks is usually okay, but Floyd, Jose and Jenks REALLY need to work on holding runners close to the base, quick-steps, pick-off moves...

The ball that hit Gordon was a FB that just kept bearing inside and hit him on the elbow, but Gordon didn't make much of an effort to get out of the way, either. I wonder if that was payback for CQ yesterday?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
We aren't even hitting the ball hard. Pop ups, easy grounders, Ks. At least get out on hard hit balls. When we don't hit for power (whether it's the weather or a slump) we simply suck on offense.

Hopefully RA Dickey doesn't have it all come together tomorrow night. I guess we have to wait until June before our offense starts to work.

It will be amazing how different our offense will feel and look when you add Beckham, Allen, Viciedo and Flowers. But we have to wait through at least 3 more months of this.

Uh-oh...Cuddyer walked to lead off 9th. I don't even want to see what happens. That's four walks for Morrow in the 9th inning this week. That's not so good.