White Sox (1-1) vs. Royals (1-1) 1:05-CSN

soxfan3530

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
I love Quentin, and I love this team. But something has to be done with all these cloggers in a row.

Quentin is not a clogger, I'm not sure why people lump him in with Thome-Dye-Konerko-AJ.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
The Sox had at least 3 separate 8 game winning streaks in 05, maybe 4...and notably, 2 of them happened right at the end of the season, where our guys were simply more able to push for a few more games than the other teams were.
Evidence?

What about right after the all-star break when the Sox played ~.500 ball? Were they too tired then? Also, Cleveland wasn't "too tired", they couldn't continue winning more than 75% of their games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
If Dotel came in and the leadoff guy hit a homer, you would have said Dotel is a one inning pitcher how come Jenks didn't come in?

No I wouldnt. I'm not a fan of bringing in the closer in the 9th inning of a tied game. Extra innings is of course different.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
That's on the rule book.

So the rule book states that the out is given if a player does not have control of the ball yet still attempts a transfer? I don't think so.

You are supposed to have definitive control of the ball, he did not. Really that simple.