04/09/09 - Game Threads

caulfield12

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt relate to this game, but maybe we can make this the 4/9 game thread....knights got crushed....JVB got hit, Egbert was bad in his debut in the pen, link was bad, and randy williams gave up a run.....only thing of note on the other side was a HR from restovich

Yeah, Charlotte's rather impotent lineup got "Hanson-ed" today. Not pretty.

- Braves' uber-prospect Tommy Hanson toyed with us... while polishing up his resume before his promotion to MLB.

- 10 K's in 4.1 innings. Here's another way to look at it... he struck out 10 of the 19 batters he faced.

Meanwhile, on our side...

- JVB wasn't too bad. 5 innings: gave up 3 runs on 2 hits; struck out 6 and walked only 2.

- Egbert, Link, and Williams didn't do him any favors in relief.

- Miguel Negron did his best Dewayne Wise impersonation: 0-4 with 3 K's while leading off and playing CF.

Box Score

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
I found the Chattanooga (Dodgers) radio feed, but is there one for BIRM?

AHA...starting at 705 cst. Jordan Danks K'ed in his first AB for the DASH. Paiml batting second.

I think this station... WYDE-FM... has the home coverage for the Barons.

I'll double-check.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Yeah, Charlotte's rather impotent lineup got "Hanson-ed" today. Not pretty.

- Braves' uber-prospect Tommy Hanson toyed with us... while polishing up his resume before his promotion to MLB.

- 10 K's in 4.1 innings. Here's another way to look at it... he struck out 10 of the 19 batters he faced.

Meanwhile, on our side...

- JVB wasn't too bad. 5 innings: gave up 3 runs on 2 hits; struck out 6 and walked only 2.

- Egbert, Link, and Williams didn't do him any favors in relief.

- Miguel Negron did his best Dewayne Wise impersonation: 0-4 with 3 K's while leading off and playing CF.

Box Score

Jordan Schafer looks like the real deal, he already has 2 homers for the Braves...

Jerry Owens? Guess he didn't play. I'm a bit surprised that someone like Restovich would get playing time over Owens, or Kroeger for that matter, unless they've given up completely on JO. I also don't know why they didn't give Armstrong and Link much of a look, but MacDougal and Carrasco both won't last the entire season.

3B Castillo is the only player (position-wise) from the Knights roster who actually held his own this spring, along with Kroeger.

Salvador Sanchez just blasted a homer for the Purple Phallus.

Edited by caulfield12

Man, the political talk radio from "Down South" (BIRM and CHATT) is getting really, really scary.

I don't know if I am more afraid of a depression/stagflation or another Oklahoma City bombing.

I think the Barons 1-6 might become better than the White Sox 1-6 at some point this season...

Shelby (now playing CF), Beckham (SS), Flowers, Allen, Cook and Viciedo (3B) are going to put up some huge offensive numbers this season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
Man, the political talk radio from "Down South" (BIRM and CHATT) is getting really, really scary.

I don't know if I am more afraid of a depression/stagflation or another Oklahoma City bombing.

LOL. Yeah, I just listened for a few minutes and shut it off when the host was explaining the few tweaks Palin had to make if she wanted to make another run for office.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)
LOL. Yeah, I just listened for a few minutes and shut it off when the host was explaining the few tweaks Palin had to make if she wanted to make another run for office.

Last summer for work I had to drive from Atlanta to Knoxville then up to Virginia hitting different locations. I actually remember flipping through some of the radio stations on talk radio. It was some interesting opinions that were being stated.

Well, they were making a big deal out of Obama "bowing" on his trip to Europe/Turkey/Iraq.

Even Gartrell has a lot of upside/ability...this is definitely the best White Sox minor league team in years.

Omogrosso and Poreda can make a contribution this year to the big league club, and Santeliz...perhaps Ely or Cassel. Not the best of starts. Bases loaded and no outs. 2B, HBP and BB.

First error of approximately 30-45 on Beckham this year...threw a double play relay into the dirt and Allen couldn't handle it. 2-0 Lookouts.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)
Well, they were making a big deal out of Obama "bowing" on his trip to Europe/Turkey/Iraq.

Even Gartrell has a lot of upside/ability...this is definitely the best White Sox minor league team in years.

Omogrosso and Poreda can make a contribution this year to the big league club, and Santeliz...perhaps Ely or Cassel. Not the best of starts. Bases loaded and no outs. 2B, HBP and BB.

First error of approximately 30-45 on Beckham this year...threw a double play relay into the dirt and Allen couldn't handle it. 2-0 Lookouts.

The lookout announcers stated that it was in the glove on Allen and he dropped it.