Twins (2-2) @ White Sox (1-2) 7:11pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
If Minny holds on and with that fats**t Colon going tomorrow + Liriano for them, this series can't start any worse.

i mean, it could be worse.

we're playing a lot better tonight than the last series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
Honest question: who do you think gives us a better chance if they start a game this year, Contreras or Richard? I'm torn on this.

I respect Jose for busting his a** to get back to this point, it has to be Richard. It looks like Jose has no command and his pitches have nothing on them nor movement.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
Honest question: who do you think gives us a better chance if they start a game this year, Contreras or Richard? I'm torn on this.

Jose will get better i think, but you are right...it is close....Richard could always go out and give up 8 in 1.2...who knows

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
When Contreras was real good for us, he was primarily over the top, and he used the side arm pitch on 2 strikes on right handed pitchers. Then he got hurt, and he has been a drop down pitcher ever since.

IIRC when he was great for us, it was when his arm slot kept changing. he'd mix up the over the top and the drop down

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 01:38 AM)
Jose will get better i think, but you are right...it is close....Richard could always go out and give up 8 in 1.2...who knows

It's weird how little Contreras is throwing his forkball. That's the pitch he's made all of his money due to. Probably should pull him now and let him go out with a decent frame of mind.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
It's weird how little Contreras is throwing his forkball. That's the pitch he's made all of his money due to. Probably should pull him now and let him go out with a decent frame of mind.

This tightrope walk can only go on for so much longer.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
I respect Jose for busting his a** to get back to this point, it has to be Richard. It looks like Jose has no command and his pitches have nothing on them nor movement.

HA! If anything he has too much movement. He's given up 2 good runs tonight, the ump gave the twins a gift run. Jose is a much better pitcher than Richard, Clayton should stay in the pen where he belongs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)

Its a feel pitch and its 30 degrees outside. Its not easy to make the skin on your hands mallable enough to get a good feel for the pitch.